Chinese Apple

Guest buckwang

• 1 month later...
Do any tabs exist for this? Couldn't find anything in a search. Anyone have any ideas on the tuning? Sounds like some drop-D variant, but I'm not sure what.

The song is in Open G tuning. I've found a tab for it before, although I don't recall what site; maybe it was altcountrytab.com. The tab has a few errors, but it's a good place to start. The rest you can figure out by ear.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well, apparently altcountrytab.com has gone belly up, so I'm going to take a stab at tabbing this one by ear. Please forgive what will likely come out as crappy type setting. Just listen to the song to figure out the rhythm of the progression.

Tuning from low to high: DGDGBD

Intro./Between verses

-------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------

---------0--------------- 2----------0-----2-0------------

-------0-----0----------------------0--0--------0----------

--------------------4---2------0---------0-----------------

---0------1h--0-------------------------------------------

Repeat the intro progression until the verse begins. There's a second guitar part that enters, but I have no idea what it is.

Verse

---------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------2--2-----2--2------------------

---------0---------------------2-----2-----0--0--------------------

-------0----0---------4---2--------------0--------------------------

--0------1h--0------------------------------------------------

I have no idea what the stripped down part is that leads into the bridge. If anyone has figured it out, let me know. As for the bridge, here's what I play beginning with pick up to "Am I waiting for..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------3--------------3-----------------3-------------3----------------3------------ -3---------------3--------------

----------2--------------2-----------------2-------------2----------------2----------- --2---------------2------------

------0-----0-------0-----0-----------0-----0-------0-----0---------0-----0------- 0----0----------0----0------------

--0--------------0-----------------2---------------2----------------------------------------------0--------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------0---------------0-----------------------------------

Am I waiting for the uncovering of simple paths between the branches

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------3------------- 3---------------3-------------3---------------3-----------3-----------3-----------3-------

-------2--2-------- 2---2--------------2-------------2---------------2-----------2-----------2-----------2------

----2------2-------2------2----------0----0--------0---0-----------0---0------0---0-------0---0------0----0----------

-----------------------------------2-------------2---------------0-------------0-----------0----------0-----------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flowering chance fence slats rattling fingers pushing through slowly brushing past

-------------------------------------------------------------------

---------3----------------------------------------------------------

-----------2--------------------------------------------------------

-------0----0--------------------------------------------------------

----2---------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------0000000000000000------------------------

a fast glimpse of you

During the long interlude, I sloppily play (half fingerpick, half strum with fingers) the tab progression used during "of simple paths" and hammer/pull off the high E on the second fret (a D chord shape in standard tuning)

Once the interlude ends, pick up with the intro progression until the verse begins. The verse progression then finishes out the song.

I'm sure there are some nuances I've missed, but this should serve as a means to play the song rather accurately. Again, if anyone figures out the part leading into the bridge, please post it.

Edited by Shoebox
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...