Forum Upgrade...

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'm the only one who can't get any of the posting features to work. Smilies, quote functions, picture posting just sit idly by, mocking me and daring me to click them and laughing when nothing happens. I'm on a 3 or 4 year old iMac which is little more than an electric typewriter in my hands in the best of circumstances. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, I'm an idiot, no need to remind me.

I guess I'm the only one who can't get any of the posting features to work. Smilies, quote functions, picture posting just sit idly by, mocking me and daring me to click them and laughing when nothing happens. I'm on a 3 or 4 year old iMac which is little more than an electric typewriter in my hands in the best of circumstances. Anyone have any ideas?

Yes, I'm an idiot, no need to remind me.

hmm... might try and set the posting to use the old style of interface and not the new one, i think it should be a setting in your profile

Housecall? ;)

OK, now that's weird. I typed it in using characters and it posts like a smilie. Now all I have to do is figure out the beer and cheers smilies and how to quote and post images with the keyboard and I'm all set.

Edited by skyflynn
IMO--no, IMHO--your underuse of Internet slang is one of your most charming attributes, Brett.

Just to see how far behind I am, I had to look up at the other posts just to see what IMO and IHMO was again..... Wow, I think there is no hope for me..... :no

Peace

Not to be confused with IMHO ("in my honest opinion"), which is very useful when distinguishing between your honest and your fraudulent opinions.

:lol

I'm all about giving fraudulent opinions under the "IMO" guise. It's kind of like Simon Says... you've got to keep an eye out for the "IMHO" if you want to know when I really mean what I'm saying.

Not to be confused with IMHO ("in my honest opinion"), which is very useful when distinguishing between your honest and your fraudulent opinions.

All this time I've been reading that as "in my HUMBLE opinion"! I've been attributing a lot more modesty to the internet than is apparently warranted.

Guest baseball bobblehead
All this time I've been reading that as "in my HUMBLE opinion"! I've been attributing a lot more modesty to the internet than is apparently warranted.

i've always known it as "humble" as well. and i've been on the interweb since Al Gore invented it.