For Those of you with Prunes and Custard Pedal

I was thinking of pickin one of these up to mess around with since I have read so much good stuff about them on here...

I was wondering if I should have sometype of regular overdrive pedal as well, or if that is overkill on the drive? Or if Prunes and Custard takes it to the next level...

Im new at this FX thing...

Thanks in advance for all your help...

I was thinking of pickin one of these up to mess around with since I have read so much good stuff about them on here...

I was wondering if I should have sometype of regular overdrive pedal as well, or if that is overkill on the drive? Or if Prunes and Custard takes it to the next level...

Im new at this FX thing...

Thanks in advance for all your help...

Prunes and Custard does some very interesting stuff, but I'd invest in a more conventional overdrive (or 3) as well.

Thanks man...I appreciate it...

What overdrives do you use?

My main OD is a Lovepedal CoT50. Does a great plexi-like breakup, and works well driving a tube amp into saturation or can be used into a totally clean amp and still sound great. Expensive though.

I also have a used Vox Valvetone, which is sort of similar to a tubescreamer, and a Boss SD-1 (also like a tubescreamer) that sits unused.

• 1 month later...

All great suggestions so far. On my board I use four other OD pedals to complement my Prunes & Custard (I use the P&C for more pronounced modulations). I use another Crowther pedal, the Hot Cake, for a volume boost with just a little gain. There's also a Fulltone '69 that I keep on a true fuzztone setting. Next, I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet edition. It's like having a vintage Marshall stack in your hip pocket. A real "Bluesbreakers" kind of sound. The last OD pedal on my board in a Fulltone OCD. This is an amazing and versatile pedal that I make frequent adjustments on based upon the sound I want. Someday I'll add a Klon to this board.

If I could only pick one of my existing OD pedals to go with the Prunes & Custard, I'd go with the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet edition. These are pretty new to the market and are worth searching for. Hope this helps.

All great suggestions so far. On my board I use four other OD pedals to complement my Prunes & Custard (I use the P&C for more pronounced modulations). I use another Crowther pedal, the Hot Cake, for a volume boost with just a little gain. There's also a Fulltone '69 that I keep on a true fuzztone setting. Next, I have a Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet edition. It's like having a vintage Marshall stack in your hip pocket. A real "Bluesbreakers" kind of sound. The last OD pedal on my board in a Fulltone OCD. This is an amazing and versatile pedal that I make frequent adjustments on based upon the sound I want. Someday I'll add a Klon to this board.

If I could only pick one of my existing OD pedals to go with the Prunes & Custard, I'd go with the Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet edition. These are pretty new to the market and are worth searching for. Hope this helps.

That's an impressive collection. What amp do you play these through?

That's an impressive collection. What amp do you play these through?

Unfortunately, my guitars and pedals are cooler than my amps. Depending upon what I'm playing the signal goes through a Fender DeVille (2x12) or a Roland JC-120. These amps are fine, but I'd sure love to have a classic Matchless, Vox, Top Hat, well--you get the idea!

• 2 months later...

I contaced Mr Crowther via the email address in the other Prunes & Custard thread and haven't heard back in more than a month. Just wondering if anyone knows of any place with it in stock. I'm heading to seattle in a week and if anyone knows of any guitar shops to visit that might have it, I'm all ears.

edit: my point was that I can't seem to buy the damn thing anywhere.

I contaced Mr Crowther via the email address in the other Prunes & Custard thread and haven't heard back in more than a month. Just wondering if anyone knows of any place with it in stock. I'm heading to seattle in a week and if anyone knows of any guitar shops to visit that might have it, I'm all ears.

you might try and post this over at thegearpage.net - someone there might know....

• 1 month later...
Unfortunately, my guitars and pedals are cooler than my amps. Depending upon what I'm playing the signal goes through a Fender DeVille (2x12) or a Roland JC-120. These amps are fine, but I'd sure love to have a classic Matchless, Vox, Top Hat, well--you get the idea!

With my AC-30 and your pedals... We could, dare I say it, rule this forum!

There's one on eBay for like $250.

There's one on eBay for like $250.
Thanks! I actually saw that one and noticed that shipping was another $40...and was ready to spend until I found that pedalgeek.com had them for $179 with shipping. Thanks anyway for the heads up.