Which shows on I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

Hey guys,

Does anyone know which gigs are featured on I Am Trying To Break Your Heart?

I'm fairly certain the Tweedy solo stuff is from Great American Music Hall, San Fran 8 March 2001.

And I've narrowed down the Wilco post-Jay stuff to The Fillmore, San Fran 2 or 3 December 2001.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Edited by MrMilk
Hey guys,

Does anyone know which gigs are featured on I Am Trying To Break Your Heart?

I'm fairly certain the Tweedy solo stuff is from Great American Music Hall, San Fran 8 March 2001.

And I've narrowed down the Wilco post-Jay stuff to The Fillmore, San Fran 2 or 3 December 2001.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Mike

Both of those are right, I am not sure which of the Fillmore gigs Sam filmed, that was a three night run and I think most everything on the DVD and extras was played each of three nights.

They played two shows in Minneapolis June 29th and 30th in 2001. These were the first Wilco shows with Glenn, though I think that lineup joined Jeff for the encores of two solo shows of May of that year. I know the slow version of Monday on the second disc is from the second night, and there's a possiblity everything from the film is night two but I am not postive I only have the second show on disc and the quality of the source isn't great.

The rehearsal of War On War with the famous Corn clap is the July 2nd, 2001 Summerfest show from Milwaukee. And then like froggie said Jay's last stand is the July 4th, 2001 Grant Park Chicago gig.

Hope this helps.

--Mike

Just saw Jeff throw up again (it's on Sundance channel - 2.5 stars, guess that's a C+). Is it just me, or does it sound as if Jeff's voice is dropped in when he says "I think I'm gonna throw up"? Maybe a little creative editing there?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...