7/8/06 -- London, Ontario

Don't know if you guys noticed, but after Tweedy came back on stage with the flag, he dropped it on the floor, thought for a second and rushed back to pick it up and place it on an amp.

I don't think we Canadians noticed or thought about the signifcance of a flag hitting the ground, but I just thought it was a funny little incident.

I don't think we Canadians noticed or thought about the signifcance of a flag hitting the ground, but I just thought it was a funny little incident.

:lol That's really sweet. Especially given the fact that someone had written "cock" on it.

I remember lying on the beach watching an international fireworks competition one summer, and when "O Canada" was played only a few people in the crowd bothered to stand up. My friends and I figured that they must be American tourists.

As long you don't use the National War Memorial as a urinal on Canada Day, it's all good.

The show was great topped the Toronto one seemed like the band had lots of fun. Met Jeff after the show and is pretty much the nicest person I have ever met commented on me singing all the new songs and such =). For everyone at this show that asked for pictures I'll post them up in a few days.

shit - I drove by Aeolian Hall just to see if stuff was still going on at about midnight. I looked deserted, but there were plenty of hookers on the stroll and crack deals going down - so the husband and I called it a night. Damn , Damn, Damn - both about EB and missing you.

I'll try to figure out how to get the Pics off the cell phone and post them up.

- T (aka the BROOD pimper)

I didn't realize that you were the Brood pimper, T. (I do know that you're a Wrens pimper.) Anyway, too bad you didn't swing by the show that night--it was a nice, relaxed atmosphere and they closed with Powderfinger and Ring of Fire. I agree, though, that the Aeolian Hall looked deserted from the outside. It took me a while to even find the entrance! We'll definitely have to say hi some other time...:)

Yeah, EB -- it's a group, not a guy -- apparently got switched to later in the program. So that's why they didn't go on until so late. I got out of the Wilco show and cabbed it over there and even got there in time to see the full set by the Rheostatics guy before the Brood.

Paul - I got them booked them into a small club in April after hearing the CDs only last December. I'm probably not the first one to mention them through. They've got this rapid and deserved following and it's great to see.

Again, double damn, We should have stopped the car and just walked in.

How was the Martin Tielli? I guess I can appreciate what the Rheostatics do, but have never been a huge fan.

I'll see you at a show sometime.... You gotta come back to see such bands like the Constantines, Two-Minute Miracles, the Rizdales and the Deadly Snakes on their (somewhat) home turf.

Edited by lizish
(PS - Played where's Pauldo with the Cell phone. Got a couple shots of our favourite 'Outta Head' bopping back and forth at the front of the crowd. Went down to introduce myself after the show and sadly, like a fabled shadow, he was gone)

Who's the shadow??? :glare

I'm now completely jealous, by the way. The fabled Tualla will have to remain exactly that.