Indeed. If ever there was a guy begging to be cast in a movie as an undead zombie-pirate type thing, Keef would be it. :lol (not that I know that's the part he is playing, but its just a hunch...)

He's actually going to play Jack Sparrow's dad:

Keith Richards to be in 'Pirates' movie

By SARAH BALL, Associated Press Writer Tue Jul 4, 12:15 PM ET

LONDON - Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is lined up to play the swashbuckling father of a pirate in the third installment of the "Pirates of the Caribbean" series, star Johnny Depp said Tuesday.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said Richards would have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Depp, in the third "Pirates" movie, which is due to resume filming next month in California.

Depp, 43, has said he adopted the body language and mannerisms of the veteran guitarist to create Captain Jack's character.

"We're all looking forward to the idea of Keith coming in and doing a cameo," Depp told a London news conference to promote "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest," which opens in Britain on Thursday.

"You never say it's definite until the guy steps on the set and the camera is rolling. But it's looking very, very good," he said.

Co-star Orlando Bloom said he was similarly enthusiastic about working with Richards

I find it humorous for people to have these high expectations from a film based on a theme park ride.

it almost sets a clear definition between MOVIE (fun) and FILM (art).

I don't know what that means. I think the terms movie and film are interchangeable.

I find it humorous for people to have these high expectations from a film based on a theme park ride.

I don't know what qualifies as 'high expectations', but if it's as fun as the first (and the theme park ride)...it's done it's job for me. Plus, to say it's 'based' on the ride is a misnomer...it's alike in only that they both have pirates and the same name.

I don't know what qualifies as 'high expectations', but if it's as fun as the first (and the theme park ride)...it's done it's job for me. Plus, to say it's 'based' on the ride is a misnomer...it's alike in only that they both have pirates and the same name.

Maybe 'based' was the wrong term, maybe 'inspired by' would have been better.

Still, I have a hard time imagining people looking through their local paper for a movie to see and see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's Chest and the saying to themselves, "Wow, I bet that will kick ass all over Dr. Zhivago"

I don't know what that means. I think the terms movie and film are interchangeable.

it was slight sarcasm on the pretentions of some folks (specifically, a good friend who spends entire vacations at film festivals squeezing in 40+ pictures in 5 days)

in context: the new vin diesel flick is out, so let's go to the movies.

in context: when i was in film school, i learned to love only polish films documenting the plight of man.

or

i liked dustin hoffman's early films, but can't stand the work he did in that ben stiller movie.

but the terms are and should be interchangeable.

Still, I have a hard time imagining people looking through their local paper for a movie to see and see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 - Dead Man's Chest and the saying to themselves, "Wow, I bet that will kick ass all over Dr. Zhivago"

I hear you, but sometimes I just want to go to the local 100 theatre multiplex, snort some sno-caps, mainline a giant Icee and be nothing but entertained by swordfights, explosions and pirate chicks in corsets and/or eyepatches. I'm not always looking for Dr. Zhivago. Sometimes I want prime rib and sometimes I want a Big Mac. Both sides of me co-exist pretty well.

We rented the first one on whim, mostly because I was saying the same thing: 'It's a freaking theme park ride, how can this be any good?' and then I ended up being completely entertained.

I hear you, but sometimes I just want to go to the local 100 theatre multiplex, snort some sno-caps, mainline a giant Icee and be nothing but entertained by swordfights, explosions and pirate chicks in corsets and/or eyepatches. I'm not always looking for Dr. Zhivago. Sometimes I want prime rib and sometimes I want a Big Mac. Both sides of me co-exist pretty well.

sno-caps + Icee = crazy delicious?