Group hug for Laminated Kat

Guest Laminated Kat

When I was very young, maybe five or so, I remember someone reading me one of those generic definitions of a guardian angel. I was with my grandmother, my father's mother, and I told her that I knew who my guardian angel was, it was my father. That memory is so prominent in my mind right now and I guess somehow I really hope that is true, that he is still with me. It is hard to deal with this. It truly was so very sudden and the pain is unbearable. These little notes to me provided me with the first smile in over a week. So thank you.

*It is too bad that Jeff is stepping away from here. I have to say that listening to music since my father's death has been impossible. I can't read, run, or do anything that causes my mind to stop and focus. But I listened to Wilco last night. Probably all of the Wilco I have, all through the night. Just hearing Jeff's voice, his words and the music I love so much made me feel a sense of comfort that I have not been able to find in a while. I know it sounds odd to some people, but I wanted to share this.

I am not good with words right now. Everything comes out more simplistic and broken than I intend, but thank you all for your thoughts. Take care and be kind.

*not reading things closely I misread the admin thread...or I only read one sentence from a post and misinterpreted something...anyway, thanks Wilco for the music that gave me some hope.

Edited by Laminated Kat
When I was very young, maybe five or so, I remember someone reading me one of those generic definitions of a guardian angel. I was with my grandmother, my father's mother, and I told her that I knew who my guardian angel was, it was my father. That memory is so prominent in my mind right now and I guess somehow I really hope that is true, that he is still with me. It is hard to deal with this. It truly was so very sudden and the pain is unbearable. These little notes to me provided me with the first smile in over a week. So thank you.

It is too bad that Jeff is stepping away from here. I have to say that listening to music since my father's death has been impossible. I can't read, run, or do anything that causes my mind to stop and focus. But I listened to Wilco last night. Probably all of the Wilco I have, all through the night. Just hearing Jeff's voice, his words and the music I love so much made me feel a sense of comfort that I have not been able to find in a while. I know it sounds odd to some people, but I wanted to share this.

I am not good with words right now. Everything comes out more simplistic and broken than I intend, but thank you all for your thoughts. Take care and be kind.

thank you so much for taking some of your time to let us all here at VC know how you're doing, we all appreciate it and are thinking of you. so glad to hear the comfort your finding in the music that means so much to us all, especially when you most need it. i'm so sorry for your loss, i'm thinking of you.

Lam Kat -- I know too well the pain you are feeling, and I also know that you have the strength to get through it.

Also, your definition of a guardian angel is correct, your father IS with you now, and will forever be....

:upset I never know what to say in threads like this one. This sucks, it's never easy, and it will take time to make peace with it. I hope VC (and Wilco) can help in some small way.