I'm doing a little dance right now...

80's NYC hardcore band who broke up in their prime. So not only to see them, but to see them at the club they used to haunt, on their home turf, at one of CBGB's final shows....well, I don't think it can get much better than that. NY hardcore kids are known for being incredibly violent, and even though most of the people coming to see them are no longer "kids" and most likely no longer "hardcore", you'd be surprised how quickly they revert back to their stomping days in a situation like this. It's going to be bedlam.

Last Friday there was a Blondie biopic on TV that had footage from inside (old stuff plus walking around in there now). First time I'd seen pictures of it. Interview with the owner etc., and lots of Chris S and Debby H - who came over very well. Even saw the loos where Chris and Debby got down and dirty - though they said it was in the alley outside. I didn't know that he had got married either - bit of a shame for her after all the time she spent with him when he was ill/addicted.

(I went off them when Union City Blue came out, for what it's worth, but still have memories of the first Top of the Pops appearance :wub )

It's funny that the bathroom is the most famous part of that club. :lol I bet people are ripping things off left and right now that they know the place is closing. I'll actually be there this Sunday to see more bands you've never heard of. I'm not nearly as excited as I am for the GB show though.

Best part: it's going to be like a 6 hour show and it's only $9.99. Hurrah for Hardcore!

NY hardcore kids

First time I visited New York on a shoestring in summer of '84. I was sitting around at Washington Square after having walked up from the Battery. I was having a rest watching kids breakdance on pieces of cardboard for money from passers by. One of them sits down, looks at someone shuffling by with a camera and tuts in their direction, then looks at me and says "Tourists. Blah". "Yeah, tourists" I reply, in my best Rhoda Morganstein (spelling?) accent.

Does that make me an honourary NY hardcore kid?

I'm on my way out the door for the day and you know what will be blasting out of my car stereo in a few minutes. :dancing :dancing :dancing

First time I visited New York on a shoestring in summer of '84. I was sitting around at Washington Square after having walked up from the Battery. I was having a rest watching kids breakdance on pieces of cardboard for money from passers by. One of them sits down, looks at someone shuffling by with a camera and tuts in their direction, then looks at me and says "Tourists. Blah". "Yeah, tourists" I reply, in my best Rhoda Morganstein (spelling?) accent.

Does that make me an honourary NY hardcore kid?

No. :lol

Besides, NY hardcore kids wouldn't be caught dead breakdancing unless there was no cardboard and broken glass on the ground.