Little Miss Sunshine

:ermm Sorry to interrupt ... I saw a free preview tonight and laughed like crazy. Olive is an exact replica of one of our friends at age 7, which made it all the better. And I definitely want to get my hands on the soundtrack. :)

grabbed it today when i hit up Laurie's Planet Of Sound. Listened to it on the way home, defintely an awesome soundtrack.

...defintely an awesome soundtrack.

Saw it this afternoon. I loved the subtle humor. A question about the soundtrack though - I recognized Sufjan Stevens, but from what I could tell, the rest of the soundtrack was just variations on How It Ends by Devotchka. Anything else on there?

I saw it on Friday. Highest recommendation!

M. Chris and I just returned from seeing this.

Loved it. (And happily sat through the credits with DeVotchKa and Sufjan!)

I remember watching Steve Carell perform point-counterpoint bits on the Daily Show with Stephen Colbert. And now look at him... I mean, the expression on his face when Sheryl picked him up from the hospital was just heartwrenching. Excellent acting all around in this film.

Favorite line (among many) --

Frank: You were snorting heroin?

Grandpa: I'm old!

I think you can safely bet the ranch on Arkin winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar next year.

Vibes, please, for my reporter, whose friend made her see "Snakes on a Plane" rather than "Little Miss Sunshine."

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

Ganesh20Trone202.jpg

May I also add my unwavering love for Alan Arkin, and for spawning one of my favorite characters on television:

nx08.jpg

And while I'm at it:

nx06r.jpg

Was there ever a TV show with prettier boys? *sigh*

(Unapologetically gratuitous, I know.)

I love Alan Arkin. I guess he really is getting up there, huh? I think Adam just turned 50.
Yes he is. He was part of one of the original Compass Players/Second City casts so that's from a long time ago.

I saw this movie with my family and we all dug it. Great writing and performances in general. Funnier than shit for sure and more than a bit dark.

LouieB