well i think it should be no surprise to you that people are going to diss on Pete Yorn...

it'd be no different than posting about the Wallflowers imo...

and honestly i don't think there's much snobbery on this board at all, at least not compared to other forums i frequent

then i'll think twice about starting a "Kelly Clarkson is awesome" thread...

who said i was?

christ, don't get your panties in a wad...

neither Pete or Matt have "pretty voices" and i can see why someone would get into Pete's voice easier than Matt's (it's easier to digest for sure), but Pete's straining voice just has always bugged me. Matt's voice is timeless imo, much like Neko Case.

and Matt is right, you can sure think that, and that is your opinon... (it's just the wrong one ;))

Pete is talented, but imo he should stick to producing

I was with you right up until the "...like Neko" part. Neko has an undeniably classic singing voice, whereas you just said Matt doesn't have a "pretty" voice. Neko is like... I dunno... Jeff Buckley or something. Not to say that I don't enjoy M.Ward, and not to say that I wouldn't agree on the "timeless" comment, but it's a bit a weird comparison.

no Neko does have a very pretty voice, i wasn't including her in the "doesn't have a pretty voice" comment.

i just find both Neko & Matt's sound totally timeless, in that their music both sounds like it's from a different era at times (Matt's the 30's and 40's, Neko's the 50's)