The end of parties....

On merits and vision and intelligence, that'd be my ticket. And what the hell? Women and 'minorities' WAY outnumber rich white men!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I once really respected Hillary but that also is waning in my mind.

What an awful, desolate place you must have been in. I can only imagine in my darkest mind what that must have been like. You should find a 12-step group to make sure that you don't relapse.

:P

Yeah, she's not my first choice- but I'd still vote for her. I hope that Obama lives up to his promise, too. He has potential to be a great man.
Barak is in a bit of a sophomore slump here in IL, nothing major, just the bumps in the road that occur from having to sail the waters of politics (how is this for a triple mixed metaphor). A slight mis-statement here and a wrong choice of support for a local candidate and the bloom is slightly off the rose (to quadruple the mixed metaphor.)

LouieB

What an awful, desolate place you must have been in. I can only imagine in my darkest mind what that must have been like. You should find a 12-step group to make sure that you don't relapse.

:P

Har har, I guess speaking from the "smarts is bad" standpoint, you're probably right. ;)

Har har, I guess speaking from the "smarts is bad" standpoint, you're probably right. ;)

she quite literally frightens me. When I was in law school ('94-'97) she came and spoke to us. You could have easily convinced me that we were watching and listening to a robot. I have rarely in my life heard someone use so many words and gestures and yet say so little. She could easily frighten young children and cause sleeping disorders.

Has she offered any original ideas or plans, or simply criticized everything done on the other side of the aisle? (I'm asking sincerely, I don't know of an example).

I fear that only the mighty Newt can save us now, and sadly I think that time has passed...

*ducks*

I don't know what to tell you. There are no original ideas or plans coming from anyone, unless you count throwing shit at the fan just to see what happens. As far as doing little more than criticizing the other side of the aisle, I'm not sure where on the Republican side I'd heap my praise. I might only praise them for finally putting a human face on corrupt lobbying practices.

(And don't forget that Newt and Hillary are buddies now.)

(And don't forget that Newt and Hillary are buddies now.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

where did you get this information?

Has the sky turned purple?

Have wilco fans gotten over the personnel changes?

Has primetime television become witty and original?

I love Hillary and would gladly martyr myself for her cause.

The first article that came up was from CBS news, but I'll link to it anyway:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/05/13/...ain695090.shtml

Shit man, there's even an article on the ever-lovable NewsMax:

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/5/11/162957.shtml

:omg

:angry

:no

He is obviously suffering from some kind of dimensia or drug addiction. I'm going to pretend I didn't see any of that. I need a shower.

Hey, if it's any consolation, if people can pretend that Rush isn't a drug addict, and that O'Reilly isn't sexually poivoise, and that John Stossel isn't an ass, you can probably still believe that Newt dislikes Hillary as much as he did in the 90s.

I love Hillary and would gladly martyr myself for her cause.

would you expound on what exactly you love about her? I'm curious...

I'm obviously not a fan of hers, but I try to keep an open mind about political figures, so I'd be interested to know what motivates you to support her.

--Neil

Hey, if it's any consolation, if people can pretend that Rush isn't a drug addict, and that O'Reilly isn't sexually poivoise, and that John Stossel isn't an ass, you can probably still believe that Newt dislikes Hillary as much as he did in the 90s.

in what way is John Stoseel an ass?

Have you read his latest book?

an obama/hillary ticket would be awesome, me thinks, cause shit would hit the fan huge. but I can't imagine a scenario where that ticket could actually win a national election.

Agreed, and it seems to me there are as many women that dislike Hillary as there are men.

I know a lot of men who hate her too, but they're usually the kind of men who look down upon women as a policy.

the kind of men who look down upon women as a policy.

It is sad to hear that there are enough men who "look down upon women as a policy" that they may be referred to in connection with anything. Who would you cite as examples of this behavior?

I don't care for Hillary Clinton at all, but I would be ecstatic to have a woman serve as President. I think it's badly needed at this point.

A POST-menopausal woman, of course.

:P (I'm just kidding, don't get your panties in a wad) (damn, I did it again). sorry.

I don't know you though. I don't know anyone here.

well, see, I was just working on that problem with the whole "introduction" thing.

She said to leave it till the end of the party

Do it now, you know there's never a next time

How come the feeling that it's only just started

Pull back your cover, I could love you for all time

But do it now, you know there's never a next time.

The bees are busy,

Now there's gold on the hill

The branches waving

But our hearts are wrapped up inside

And then you leave me, so I start missing you a lot

No argument oh do I love you or not

No argument, you have all the love that I see as mine

Pull back your cover, I could love you for all time

But do it now you know there's never a next time.

She said to leave it till the end of the party

How come the feeling that it's always just starting

The bees are busy,

Now there's gold on the hill.

The branches waving

But our hearts are wrapped up inside Soon as you leave me then I start

missing you a lot

No argument oh do I love you, I love you or not.

Oh treat him like a baby please,

All night.

All night.

Strength is not the same as anger

Put the taste back into hunger

Searching the box?

looking for what?

I love you, I love you or not?

Strength is not the same as anger

Put the taste back into hunger

Searching the box?,

looking for what?

Pushing the gear back into top?

Put the first back into class

Lose your bottle break the glass

You'll wind up high and dry with just this slow cold comfort.

All night.

Love you or not?

Oh treat him like a baby please.