Whys is always the lurkers who come out of the woodworm whenever invites are mentioned? :P

I have one left after giving three away earlier this week. 2 of which it seems, were completely wasted. :realmad

First to PM me gets my last one.

Edited by muller
Whys is always the lurkers who come out of the woodworm whenever invites are mentioned? :P

I have one left after giving three away earlier this week. 2 of which it seems, were completely wasted. :realmad

I would bet some people ask for the invite not even knowing what they're being invited to. Hard to believe, I know. I got an invite last week (thks ObliviousToMyself) and I'm loving it. Now I'm working on my ratio.

Oh, and I have 2 invites as well thanks to my donation to the site. Anyone still looking for one? Send me a PM.

Could someone explain the recent rule changes? I appreciate my recent invite, but haven't had the time at home to spend on the site.

You can read them - it's best if you study that stuff before you jump in there anyhow.

It's ok to break the rules as long as nobody complains. I did this recently with a Lavender Diamond/Becky Stark album I uploaded/seeded/whatever you call it because the bit rate was below 192 and someone pointed this out to me, but said ultimately the quality was still good and saw no reason to complain. A bunch of other people downloaded it and didn't complain either, I guess it just depends if some jobs worth gets annoyed about the fact that the free music you are giving them doesn't fit entirely into the rules or not.

Basically, don't get too hung up on the rules because as long as you don't try and fuck people over with giving them shit just to improve your share ratio you'll probably never be breaking the rules anyway.

i'm always bummed when something i want shows up in FLAC format only. it's rare because I have all the live shows I could ever want and hardly download them but it sucks when it's an album.

I will actually only download FLAC - unless I have no other choice. The recent rule changes have quite a bit about FLAC uploads - so I am guessing they are more behind FLAC now. I have been invited to join a few private FLAC torrent sites many times in the last month.

I would like to think I'm the one you didn't waste the invite on.

My oink account is up and running!

I will actually only download FLAC - unless I have no other choice. The recent rule changes have quite a bit about FLAC uploads - so I am guessing they are more behind FLAC now. I have been invited to join a few private FLAC torrent sites many times in the last month.

I only really use oink or any of these peer to peers to sample an album and make a decision about buying it or not, or hearing it before the release date, so FLAC is just a waste of time to me. I suppose it depends on what you use oink for though, I think if I was getting an album or piece of music that I knew wasn't commercially available or hard to find then I'd want the best quality.

I only really use oink or any of these peer to peers to sample an album and make a decision about buying it or not, or hearing it before the release date, so FLAC is just a waste of time to me. I suppose it depends on what you use oink for though, I think if I was getting an album or piece of music that I knew wasn't commercially available or hard to find then I'd want the best quality.

I don't grab that much - I mainly upload.

how does one get to be a power user without sending cash?

Must have been be a member for at least 2 weeks, have uploaded at least 10GB and have a ratio at or above 1.05.

The promotion is automatic when these conditions are met. Note that you will be automatically demoted from

this status if your ratio drops below 0.95 at any time.