I Agree with Al Sharpton ?!?

Be careful, man. That sentiment was a fertile ground for the growth of a certain movement in a certain Central European country once. Democracy ain't perfect, but it beats all other alternatives. The term "benign dictatorship" in an oxymoron.

A little revolution now and then is a good thing; the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.

-Thomas Jefferson

reality is, it's giving up versus rising up. stop waiting for the 40-acres and a mule to be given to you and go out and find a way to own a million acres and as many mules that'll fit there. sense of entitlement is what holds so many down.

Right on EL EL :thumbup I never understood why WASP Amerika branded Malcolm X as a racist & a honky-hater when if you read the man's texts he says many things that whitey would whole-heartedly endorse,like the sentence by you I just quoted.

Self-actualization & empowerment were the crux of his speeches & I don't see how anyone,regardless of color,could disagree with that.

Malcolm was a true hero of mine...especially after he broke from Elijah Muhammad & went to Mecca.

Not to compare Sharpton to Malcolm (that's absurd) but he does make more sense in this time than the President (not a hard thing to do there :blink )

Scott

-Thomas Jefferson

Our revolution is one of the few in history that didn't immediately laspe into a horrifying dictatorship. I'm not sure we'll be so lucky a second time around.

Our revolution is one of the few in history that didn't immediately laspe into a horrifying dictatorship. I'm not sure we'll be so lucky a second time around.

"Revolution for the hell of it"---A. Hoffman.