(in no order)

Walken

IATTBBYH

Hesitating Beauty

California Stars

Airline to Heaven

Mountain Bed

Theologians

The Ruling Class ( apparently Jeff recieved the "finger" for playing this song down in North Carolina on Wednesday, via some fine upstanding southern gentleman)

Blasting Fonda

Was I in your dreams

ITMWLY

New Madrid

various picking and playing little instrumental ditties in between songs at the end.

Acuff Rose

Shot in the Arm

90 minute set, enjoyable. Jeff seemed to be picking the Mermaid Avenue stuff pretty quick.

The "Planet Bluegrass" compound is sort of like a country club for hippies. A byzantine system of pases, presales, fences, vendors , " special family", tarps, donors, campers, small children, etc. Let me put it this way its not just another gig. I like their grounds, but it feels a bit like being a visitor . Not a bad thing necesarily, anyhow Lyons , Colorado has small town charm, and its pretty out there. Jeff seemed to enjoy it well enough, and didn't really step on any toes (even if they happened to be in Tie Died socks) His voice really echoed out through the grounds, and made an impression, and perhaps a few new fans. A good set.

Edited by cassius

Surprisingly not much different than NC, but probably well worth it for the Awesome Neil Young cover. Thanks for the details, Greg

You lucky fucks who saw these two solo shows! I'm envious, but actually very happy for you. I wish I could have been at either one, but will have to wait for the dvd, and relive the Denver show in my dreams.

:wine

Most notably: Losing End (When your on) - Neil Young from EKTIN

Jealous!

The Ruling Class ( apparently Jeff recieved the "finger" for playing this song down in North Carolina on Wednesday, via some fine upstanding southern gentleman).

:lol That's one of my favourite songs. (Probably for the same reason that guy hates it.)

Count me as jealous as well. Sounds like it was a great show to plan a vacation around. My wife and I did that a few years ago for Emmylou Harris in N. Michigan. We only had one child then. We'll wait a few more years before we attempt it with three.

A fantastic show at a fantastic venue with fantastically good vibes. I drove up on Fri. evening after work to meet up with my wife and kids and friends. The first person I bumped into once in the venue was JT, who was doing some shopping in a small booth with another guy. I gave him a quick handshake and a "thanks" and split. He was able to amble around the crowd with little/no hassles( from the brief few times I saw him shopping/eating, at least).

The set was really nice with pristine sound under the stars on a cool and clear night. JT seemed in a good mood and was his typically witty self. I think cassius may have omitted a tune or two, I'll post the complete set list when I unpack.

I just got back home (Michigan) from the festival. This was my second time seeing Jeff solo, and I thought it was great. Jeff seemed in a fine mood -- he started talking early on, because toward the end of his second song (IATTBYH) he burped and cracked himself up. At the end he apologized and blamed it on altitude and Diet Coke. :beer

The other songs I remember, not mentioned above, were:

What Light (first song he played)

Please Tell My Brother

Passenger Side

Spyders

I agree with Cassius. Lyons is a somewhat different venue. Has a county fair atmosphere to me in a way. Too many distractions (loud kids, people coming and going and not paying attention). However I attend every year as the talent is always tremendous. This year's was great (although I skipped Sunday).

During Jeff's show the crowd was mostly attentive and seemed to enjoy him. He looked like he was having fun as well. It appeared to me that he would have played for another half hour or so if the venue would have let him. Either way, a great setlist. Mixed things up a bit from the Denver solo show, so I am glad I went. He fit in real well with the vibe of the folks fest.

On a side note, great sets from Amos Lee, Kathleen Edwards, Guy Clark, and Kristoferson as well.

Also forgot a song I've only heard once by Handsome Family on the Beyond Nashville CDs, "So Much Wine". Great tune, most enjoyable one of the night for my wife and I.

Listen to me, butterfly,

there's only so much wine

you can drink

in this life.

But it will never be enough

to save you from

the bottom of your glass.

Great tune.

Oh, and The Losing End was pretty darn good, too. Brought a big smile to my face, and that's when I smelled the first threat of weed for the evening.

As discussed earlier, Jeff was pretty talkative. He was bantering (or badgering) a girl in the front. At one point during the encore Jeff asked if anyone had heard of Tupelo. I think the girl screamed out a Farrar tune, with Jeff replying "I did not write that one, " "I don't think I could do it justice." It was said in a sincere way I think. Can anyone add to that?

Pretty funny during California Stars when Jeff started to ad lib asking the girl to sing the chorus.