Last season for Scrubs

If he continues in the vein of Garden State, then I have to say I'm excited to hear the news. Loved that movie (and soundtrack). Although Scrubs will be missed. Got to give the guy props for not trying to bleed it dry...

Scrubs has sort of jumped the shark.

LouieB

Yes, it has.

But it used to be very good, and its now in syndication on Comedy Central. I'm glad the show was a success, and ending it now seems about right.

I recall Braff saying a few years ago that he'd never forget what gave him his big break, and "never" leave Scrubs before its end. Still, he's allowed to change his mind, and he's certainly entitled to make any decisions he wants about his own career.

LouieB

Really? I completely disagree. Is it because of the guest stars? Because that is nothing new for this show. And it always works them in in a way that isn't just like "OMG LOOK, IT'S HEATHER GRAHAM!!"

I think Scrubs is probably the best "sitcom" of all time, personally.

LouieB

Really? I completely disagree. Is it because of the guest stars? Because that is nothing new for this show. And it always works them in in a way that isn't just like "OMG LOOK, IT'S HEATHER GRAHAM!!"

I think Scrubs is probably the best "sitcom" of all time, personally.

I agree with both of you to some extent. I think they do a good job with the guest stars, and there isn't a specific turn in the story that makes you say it "jumped the shark" (actually, maybe Cox having the baby qualifies). Also, seasons 1-3 (esp 1-2) are brilliant in my opinion, so 4 and 5 seem a little week in comparison. I still found it entertaining last year.

I didn't read the article. Does it say this is definitely the last year? Or, just the last year with Braff? I think it could continue as a decent show without him. I found his acting last season over the top hammy.

I agree with both of you to some extent. I think they do a good job with the guest stars, and there isn't a specific turn in the story that makes you say it "jumped the shark" (actually, maybe Cox having the baby qualifies). Also, seasons 1-3 (esp 1-2) are brilliant in my opinion, so 4 and 5 seem a little week in comparison. I still found it entertaining last year.

I didn't read the article. Does it say this is definitely the last year? Or, just the last year with Braff? I think it could continue as a decent show without him. I found his acting last season over the top hammy.

Bill Lawrence said it's the end. I'll try to find the link.

It wasn't the guest stars that messed this show up.

I suppose there is no way to keep all the dynamics the same throughout the show, but the kind of tensions and situations that were the funniest were in the first couple years and after the marriage and braff moved out, it lost some tension. Cox's baby helped dull the edge too.

FYI... Seinfield had similar problems, but it actually IS the best sitcom ever. Scrubs at its best was brilliant and far better than hardly anything else that was on during its run. In fact it kept the sitcom going when it was about to die out. My Name is Earl would probably not have had a chance without Scrubs being there to carry the torch. (Arrested Development also helped carry the torch I suppose and look where that ended up.)

Sadly it has gone from a show not to be missed to one that is funny when viewed but not essential anymore.

LouieB

FYI... Seinfield had similar problems, but it actually IS the best sitcom ever. Scrubs at its best was brilliant and far better than hardly anything else that was on during its run. In fact it kept the sitcom going when it was about to die out. My Name is Earl would probably not have had a chance without Scrubs being there to carry the torch. (Arrested Development also helped carry the torch I suppose and look where that ended up.)

Sadly it has gone from a show not to be missed to one that is funny when viewed but not essential anymore.

LouieB

Well said. So, what current/new sitcoms are you into. I couldn't get into Earl, mostly because of Jason Lee. Love The Office. Anything else worth giving a try?

First 3 seasons were awesome, i watched every episode and loved it. Cox used to be one of my favorite characters, now i find him annoying and think he overacts alot of the time. But in its heyday it was a great show, but as Louie B. said, not quite as good as seinfield.