Some pix I took last night

I've been there, but didn't go that night. I was on my way from a moonlight hike at the National Arboretum and time was limited.

It's so great living in D.C. There's so much to do on any given night.

Amen to that

My brother used to live in D.C. I love that place. I can't wait for him to move back there in a couple years so I can have somewhere to stay for free again.

Hope you don't mind sleeping on the couch :thumbup

Edited by TweedyBird

I can't see anything in the first picture -- is my monitor going bad?

It's a very dark picture. You should be able to see the Washington Monument and the upper left of the Lincoln Memorial clearly on the lower left side of the shot. Then there's a fairly shadowed/dark American Flag centered in the top middle. The Iwo Jima statue is right side bottom half and VERY shadowed/dark.

Yep, just checked it out on the home laptop. My work monitor must be set too dark. Nice shot.

It's so great living in D.C. There's so much to do on any given night.

agreed. If I hadn't had little chilldrens, I'd still be in DC. I used to live a couple blocks from the mall, state dept, white house, watergate (also interior dept, OAS, Corcoran Gallery etc etc) --- and spent many many evenings down by the Vietnam and Lincoln Memorials, where I basked in giant Abe's glow. It's worth a trip to DC just for the Vietnam, Lincoln and Jefferson Memorials, IMHO.