As a casual fan of CH I have to say I was blown away by their show last night in Vancouver. Solid 2-hour set. Particularly enjoyed "Distant Sun" "Private Universe" and "It's Only Natural" as well as beautiful versions of "Fall At Your Feet" and "Isolation" (featuring Sharon). I have to agree, these guys are incredible live.

As a casual fan of CH I have to say I was blown away by their show last night in Vancouver. Solid 2-hour set. Particularly enjoyed "Distant Sun" "Private Universe" and "It's Only Natural" as well as beautiful versions of "Fall At Your Feet" and "Isolation" (featuring Sharon). I have to agree, these guys are incredible live.

They were fantastic at the Chateau Ste Michelle winery nr. Seattle on Saturday night. Played for 2 hours and 10 minutes. Bought tickets in the reserved front section and ended up standing (with dodgy knee) up the front after we got sick of hearing the people behind us talking loudly. As a funny aside Eddie Vedder's wife/fiancee and friends ended up watching from the side of the stage after people got pissed off that they stood up in the 5 or 6th row to listen to the music. Great set. Musically they are super-talented and surprisingly jammy (not unlike Wilco) and rocking in places. Their current drummer Matt Sherod is really talented and Neil Finn plays killer lead guitar as well as singing. A good assortment of new and older stuff and we were spoiled by four Split Enz songs after fans continued a long Crowded House fan tradition of directing paper planes with requests onto the stage. "Message To My Girl" was exquisite and the trio of "I Walk Away", "History Never Repeats" and "I Got You" in the encore was pretty special. The band looked like they were having a ball by the end and seemed to enjoy the crowd who gathered by the stage. No Eddie Vedder. Neil Finn dedicated the last song to the "Memphis Three" after saying Eddie is working on their release in some capacity. I wonder if Chicago audiences might see the appearance of John, Jeff or Pat on stage after their recent involvement in "Seven Worlds Collide".

So glad you appreciated it! I really do think they are right in there with Wilco for the quality of their live shows. How about the smoking amp on the first song? Spinal Tap would've been impressed.

I had more fun at the Seattle show, because of being on my feet grooving right up front by Neil Finn, but the sound quality and the variety of the set list from Seattle also made Vancouver special. The Queen Elizabeth is a nice theatre, and it was a longer show.

Here's a pic of Neil Finn from the Vancouver show:

10_Aug_29_047a.jpg

So glad you appreciated it! I really do think they are right in there with Wilco for the quality of their live shows. How about the smoking amp on the first song? Spinal Tap would've been impressed.

I had more fun at the Seattle show, because of being on my feet grooving right up front by Neil Finn, but the sound quality and the variety of the set list from Seattle also made Vancouver special. The Queen Elizabeth is a nice theatre, and it was a longer show.

Here's a pic of Neil Finn from the Vancouver show:

Wish I had gone to Vancouver too. Next time :(. Missed not hearing the likes of "Private Universe" or "Nails in My Feet".

Sunday in Chicago and Tuesday in Milwaukee for me - I'm looking forward to it!

I'll be at the Chicago show as well, while spending what looks to be lovely Labor Day weather in that fair city.

That will be three CH shows, and then I'm done! So far the first two were very different shows, so it will be interesting to see what the House of Blues show is like. Both of the shows I saw were also cut short by curfews. I assume that will not be an issue at HOB?!?