Just downloaded it and love it. I think if AGIB had it in place of less then you think it would be much better.

The EP version? Really? Takes all kinds I guess.

Drone aside Less Than You Think is one of the best things Jeff's ever written. It's the kind of song that gets people to talk about him as a great songwriter. I like Panthers, at least the solo pre-death-by-piano murderized version Jeff did, but wouldn't put it anywhere near LTYT. What it isn't is a very good live song due to how quiet it is, but not every song can (or should) be played live. But... I think the best versions of the song are from live performances the band did before AGIB.

I have only listened to the EP version, need to seek out a live version.

you need the solo show from Martyr's 2003-05-16. it's the only time that it was played and recorded. sadly there is no recording of the 2nd time he played it.

you need the solo show from Martyr's 2003-05-16. it's the only time that it was played and recorded. sadly there is no recording of the 2nd time he played it.

That show, although shitty quality in many places, has an incredible rendition of "My Words," as well, which is possibly one of the best songs Tweedy has ever written.

I'm a big fan of the EP version of Panthers, too. In fact, I just listened to it!

If you want, I can try to post "My Words" and "Panthers" from that show. But I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.

That show, although shitty quality in many places, has an incredible rendition of "My Words," as well, which is possibly one of the best songs Tweedy has ever written.

I'm a big fan of the EP version of Panthers, too. In fact, I just listened to it!

If you want, I can try to post "My Words" and "Panthers" from that show. But I won't be able to do it until tomorrow.

I already posted panthers a few posts before yours.