Gore Calls For An End To All Payroll Taxes, Wants Pollution Taxes Instead

why do people constantly repeat this bullsheet republican talking point/joke?? He never said that FYI

because it's funny and it elicits responses such as yours...

if it'll make you feel better, here are his actual words:

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

"After that I decided to run for President, but I left my balls in the hamper."

A lot of people take it to be true that he said that though. And that's why it gets annoying sometimes. As a joke it's all well and good, but when people try to use it as some proof that he's a liar or an idiot or something, it gets tiresome. So yeah, not at all applicable to you here, but that's why it gets that response.

"During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system."

-Al Gore

That is the actual quote, and he's not lying. He pushed forward a lot of the legislation that helped set the backbone of what we now call the internet, so while he didn't do any of the actual inventing of internet technologies, all the people who WERE involved say it couldn't have happened with Al Gore.

He really is lightyears ahead in his understanding of technology than most politicians, which is why he's on the board of directors for Apple Computer.

He is not so brash as to claim he invented the internet, but he certainly has a bigger stake on that claim than most people.

More info:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore#Gore_Bill

Fixed it for you. :thumbup

oops! thanks

Heres the quote from the internet guys:

"[A]s the two people who designed the basic architecture and the core protocols that make the Internet work, we would like to acknowledge VP Gore's contributions as a Congressman, Senator and as Vice President. No other elected official, to our knowledge, has made a greater contribution over a longer period of time.

Last year the Vice President made a straightforward statement on his role. He said: "During my service in the United States Congress I took the initiative in creating the Internet." We don't think, as some people have argued, that Gore intended to claim he "invented" the Internet. Moreover, there is no question in our minds that while serving as Senator, Gore's initiatives had a significant and beneficial effect on the still-evolving Internet. The fact of the matter is that Gore was talking about and promoting the Internet long before most people were listening. We feel it is timely to offer our perspective"

Yep, Gore was huge in turning the arpanet into the internet. Through legislation, he was one of the people who created it. Unfortunately that quote was twisted to make it sound like he was claiming to have actually sat at his PC doing all the coding or something. Too bad--he really does deserve a lot of credit for it.

Edit: Yeah, what they said.

Edited by MrRain422

Global warming is a greater long-term threat to the world than terrorism or atomic proliferation.

A lot of people take it to be true that he said that though. And that's why it gets annoying sometimes. As a joke it's all well and good, but when people try to use it as some proof that he's a liar or an idiot or something, it gets tiresome. So yeah, not at all applicable to you here, but that's why it gets that response.

While we're on the subject, regardless of what he says, Diddy did NOT invent the remix. GIVE A HOOT!

And this would be the perfect way to fix the problem!!

It might help, as would planting more trees. A huge volcanic eruption/asteroid strike would, while inconveniencing millions or billions, drop temps low enough for Arctic and Antarctic ice to refreeze, thus strengthening the "conveyor belt" effect of ocean circulation which is currently threatened.

And this would be the perfect way to fix the problem!!

I think we should just do nothing and suggest nothing. It's what we've always done, and it's always worked in the past.