Black Keys-Magic Potion

First time through, I didn't like it as much as the others (I have all of them except Big Come Up). Second time through it grew on me big time. I can't wait for the third listen.

By the way, does anyone else think the last song "Elevator", has a little Hendrix vibe to it? Specifically think of "If Six Was Nine".

you don't have Big Come Up? That might be the best album.

It's been hanging around on my list for awhile. If I ever was in a record store and saw it staring me in the face, I'd probably get it, but that hasn't happened to me yet. Now you're going to compel me to order it, and I have double discs by MMJ and The Black Crowes to pick up next week as well. Damn you, Big Perm!! :D

Magic Potion lacks a bit of ooomph imo. too many mid tempo songs and not all out rockers

agreed, and that's what sort of turned me off about it at first. There doesn't seem to be that one "rocker" on it, but they still do a good job. The more I listen, the more I like.

I still think Thickfreakness is their best. That's the one that I first heard, so I think that has a lot to do with it.

I didn't like it when I listened to their new songs on MySpace before the album came out, but when I actually listened to the album in full I loved it. The slower songs are awesome and a nice change of pace. I had actually gotten tired of Rubber Factory by the time Magic Potion came out so the change was definitely welcome.

I've been really enjoying the short EP "Chulahoma" (The Songs of Junior Kimbrough) alot, I've listened to it more than I have Magic Potion so far, Chulahoma was also released this year and I highly recommend it.

that's my favorite CD released so far this year.