Summerteeth Vinyl

Jim O'Rourke should remix all the summerteeth tracks.

I hope Jim doesn't go near Summerteeth or any future Wilco albums. He ruined YHF. It was only when I listed to the YHF tracks on Kicking Television that I fully appreciated their richness and stature. Jim just watered them down into non-entities.

I hope Jim doesn't go near Summerteeth or any future Wilco albums. He ruined YHF. It was only when I listed to the YHF tracks on Kicking Television that I fully appreciated their richness and stature. Jim just watered them down into non-entities.

turn up your speakers. there is so much going on in every track. unless you mean by water down you meant that its a roaring rapid river of beautiful melodies and noise.

I'm sure it was just an issue of demand. If they knew they could sell enough, they would have pressed them. I'm not sure about the numbers on the Mermaid II or KT, but I doubt they were high enough to justify a pressing. That being said, here's one customer who would buy both :)

I think the numbers thing is a bull-shit arguement. Robert Pollard and GBV always press limitied quantities of most their vinyl releases. Some as low as a few hundred and as much as 1000 on the limtied stuff. You can't tell me that a small time indie band can press and sell out of 500 limited edition records when Wilco couldn't? I know gbv/pollard have a pretty rabid fan base, but Wilco's is just as rabid, if not more so. Why else would people like Loose Fur (c'mon, you know that they're not that great)?

I think it boils down to them just not wanting to re-press the album myself. It looks good when you have a collectors item and i am sure that that's what's going on in this case. Why not just re-press it, even if in a limited number? I'm sure it would sell out.