Not sure what ages you're looking for...

Both of my kids really like The Beatles. Especially Help, Yellow Submarine, Hey Jude, Birthday, Love Me Do, In My Life.

My 3 year old likes Uncle Tupelo "I Wanna Be Your Dog", Hot Hot Heat "You Owe Me An IOU", Supernova "Chewbacca", Pavement "Cut Your Hair". Basically anything that is catchy.

My 8 year old likes The Beatles, Wilco, Hot Hot Heat, Weezer, Greenday, The Decemberists, The White Stripes, Guided By Voices "Teenage FBI" and "Chasing Heather Crazy", Johnny Cash, Art Brut, Ryan Adams, Saturday Looks Good To Me, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, We Are Scientists. It's funny to hear him sing "If you want to use my body, go for it". He has no clue.

That rocks! I'm not really down with playing "made for children" music for my kids. My hypothetical kids, I mean.

My kids, 7 and 9, have come up with a rap version of Neil Young's Old Man; they walk around the house singing Dani California and Hump de Bump; and now they are in to Brand New and Death Cab For Cutie.

Not sure if I've utterly failed as a parent or am the coolest dad around....

:huh

My kids, 7 and 9, have come up with a rap version of Neil Young's Old Man; they walk around the house singing Dani California and Hump de Bump; and now they are in to Brand New and Death Cab For Cutie.

Not sure if I've utterly failed as a parent or am the coolest dad around....

:huh

Don't worry till they start with the 2 Live Crew :P