Tweedy on religion

ps--don't you folks work? How can there be so much traffic here during the day?

If I didn't work, I'd never be here! It's the only way to break the tedium of my desk job.

I think Tweedy has a disdain for common day organized religion--the way it's presented, preached, and feed to the masses, but I don't think he has anything against the spiritual side of life.

. . . Tweedy's being critical of relgion presented as a right-wing, upper middle class, political toy. He's being critical of the brimstone, the negative messages, and the hate that radicals are breeding inside many religions. There need to be more voices such as this, especially since the negative ones get all the airtime and attention.

Right on. It makes me pretty angry to hear about what Pat Robertson and company are saying about most current events. And with films like "Jesus Camp" coming out, I find it harder to explain the Christianity that I experience, as opposed to the people in "Jesus Camp"

Right on. It makes me pretty angry to hear about what Pat Robertson and company are saying about most current events. And with films like "Jesus Camp" coming out, I find it harder to explain the Christianity that I experience, as opposed to the people in "Jesus Camp"

this is a very good point. Much of my disdain for organized religion is about the foolish prejudices it creates, andn the current political climate here and around the world, which is so heavily influenced by religious idealogy. Im uncomfortable with national identities (ours in particular) behing tied to religious affiliation.

I think the Christian right is giving Jesus and what I'd call his followers-by-example a bad name, just like the Muslim extremists are doing to Islam. Folks need to take their religions back from the PR firms and government.

Religion should be a personal issue, not a political one. Just like sex.