Chances of a New York show

Let's dial down the personal attacks, what say? I don't think anyone is particularly trying to be any of these obscenities being bandied about, I think we all just feel that we need more Wilco in our lives, live & in concert. Is that such a bad thing?

Personally, I think it's high time we saw more Wilco in California..... :P

But seriously, all, let's just take a big step back from the ugly sniping, which flatters no one, and let's try for a bit more tolerance and friendship. VC is a nicer place to visit when we all practice some "live & let live" attitudes.

Thank you.

yeah, bobbob, leave the New Yorkers alone. :cheekkiss

So what happened last time they were in New York, and did anything ever come of that rumor they'll be playing Irving Plaza?

Well, the last time the band played New York City proper was the New Year's Eve 2004 show at Madison Square Garden. Nothing really happened, other than much alcohol consumption and revelry. :) The only time anything has really "happened" in NYC was back in 1996 at Irving Plaza when they wound up playing after Johnny Cash -- you can read about that episode in Greg Kot's book. But whoever mentioned something "happening" earlier in this thread was just being dumb.

As for the Irving Plaza rumor, seeing as how the club is already pretty booked for the rest of October, I kinda doubt it. :ermm

But whoever mentioned something "happening" earlier in this thread was just being dumb.

No, I was being serious. Its in that NPR interview with Jeff from a few months back, I bet its still online.

As for the Irving Plaza rumor, seeing as how the club is already pretty booked for the rest of October, I kinda doubt it. :ermm

Why would they play there when they sold out Radio City twice?