Chances of a New York show

I'm starting to wonder what we did wrong. They haven't come through town since the 2004 NYE show at the Garden. I saw the Tweedy solo show at the Downtown Rising festival last year but I am dying for a full band show.

That was the last time I saw Jeff or the band in that area, at Downtown Rising, great show too. I saw Wilco in Northampton to close the tour this past summer. I would LOVE to see a show booked in NYC this fall! Make it flippin' happen!

:spider

Edited by yankhotelfox
What's your point? I would like to see Wilco again sometime soon. How many other bands come through town has nothing to do with that.

I'd like to see Wilco again, but I'm not going to ask what the chances of them playing a show here are. They'll play here when they play.

They've played in my area 5 times in their history. They've played New York something like 30 times. I think you guys can go a couple of months.

I'd personally rather see them in the studio working on the Taylor Hicks Duets Cd than see them touring more.

I'd like to see Wilco again, but I'm not going to ask what the chances of them playing a show here are. They'll play here when they play.

They've played in my area 5 times in their history. They've played New York something like 30 times. I think you guys can go a couple of months.

I'd personally rather see them in the studio working on the Taylor Hicks Duets Cd than see them touring more.

wow, jealous much? you're just being a dick

wow, jealous much? you're just being a dick

Hells yes I'm jealous. I live in possibly the worst major city for live music, so yeah I'm a little jealous.

And I'm pretty much the only person on this board who is ever a dick. For sure.

Hells yes I'm jealous. I live in possibly the worst major city for live music, so yeah I'm a little jealous.

And I'm pretty much the only person on this board who is ever a dick. For sure.

so that means you have to be a douchebag about it?

What happened last time?

Somebody sold them the Brooklyn Bridge?

you're just being a whiny a bitch because "BooHoo, Wilco won't come to Florida"

And yeah, obviously you are right. That is exactly what I said.

I was just saying that instead of touring more in specific areas, we may all be better served if they worked on the album more, and that if they don't play in New York, they'll probably survive.

Let's dial down the personal attacks, what say? I don't think anyone is particularly trying to be any of these obscenities being bandied about, I think we all just feel that we need more Wilco in our lives, live & in concert. Is that such a bad thing?

Personally, I think it's high time we saw more Wilco in California..... :P

But seriously, all, let's just take a big step back from the ugly sniping, which flatters no one, and let's try for a bit more tolerance and friendship. VC is a nicer place to visit when we all practice some "live & let live" attitudes.

Thank you.