I will be going back in the hospital Friday thru Wednesday for more medical research on my sleep disorder. Last time I was deprived of sleep for 22 hours, this time will be 36. Expect totally nonsensical posts from me around the 24 hour mark, and reports on the 200 calories I am eating every 2 hours.

Also if anyone in Chicago wants to come visit me at Northwestern October 6-11, I am allowed visitors at anytime (except when I am sleeping the first two nights from 4 am - 12 noon, of course).

Wow. Good luck with that. We'll pencil you in for the RTT Night Crewe.

good luck with it... i've had insomnia before and it aint good

I have what is known as delayed sleep phase syndrome. I've "suffered" from it my entire life (hence the 3:30 am CST posting). My normal sleep phase is 4 am - 12 noon, and has always been close to this my entire life. Others in my family have it as well, and they are going to be studying the hormones in my blood. The sleep deprivation aspect is pretty grueling, but I am getting paid. In January I'm going to be staying in the hospital for 3 nights, one of which they turn on a light for an hour while I am sleeping (along with the hourly or half hourly blood draws). That one will be a peice of cake. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture!

I have what is known as delayed sleep phase syndrome. I've "suffered" from it my entire life (hence the 3:30 am CST posting). My normal sleep phase is 4 am - 12 noon, and has always been close to this my entire life. Others in my family have it as well, and they are going to be studying the hormones in my blood. The sleep deprivation aspect is pretty grueling, but I am getting paid. In January I'm going to be staying in the hospital for 3 nights, one of which they turn on a light for an hour while I am sleeping (along with the hourly or half hourly blood draws). That one will be a peice of cake. Sleep deprivation is a form of torture!

I have that too! My solution was to go into a profession that suited my schedule and to adopt the motto, "Love me, love my sleep patterns." Do let me know what they find out. I have occasionally tried to treat it with bourbon, weed and melatonin, but no dice.