Another Run At Lord Stanley's Cup

Yeah, that was always the reason given for the lack of pro sports in the past. Its such a college-sports town they weren't sure pro sports could compete, but I'd say the BJs and the Crew have done nicely.

Blue jackets snatched defeat from the jaws of victory again, losing the opener 3-2 in OT to Vancouver

How 'bout them Rangers?

ca@ho-to.gif

only a Torontonian would desecrate our pretty flag with that filth. :cheekkiss

Even though we lost to the Avs last night, I'm pretty amped on a 2-1-0 start for the 'nucks... and you can keep Bert, we'll gladly take Luongo. I don't think he's actually a man, but in fact, a robot sent from the future to stop pucks that are labeled as sure goals.

only a Torontonian would desecrate our pretty flag with that filth. :cheekkiss

Even though we lost to the Avs last night, I'm pretty amped on a 2-1-0 start for the 'nucks... and you can keep Bert, we'll gladly take Luongo. I don't think he's actually a man, but in fact, a robot sent from the future to stop pucks that are labeled as sure goals.

Yeah, he's probably the best player in the league, and if the Canucks have a real defense (something the panthers haven't had since we traded the Jovocop in 99), he'll prove that.

Either way, I firmly believe that in the new NHL, a great defense with a good goalie will trump a bad defense with a great goalie, since the goalies have had their advantages from previous years taken away from them. Defensemen and a good offense are much more important, which is why I think we are actually better suited for the long run this year than last year. A front line of Jokinen, Bertuzzi, and Nieuwendyk looks pretty damn impressive.

• 1 month later...

How about them Rangers?

DEVILS.jpg