I've had a copy of their 2 CD's for awhile and I LOVE them. Is there anything else from them, or anything related to them that I should look for?

I saw a live disk from the lead singer on allmusic.com, has anybody heard that? If so, is it worth persuing?

I've had a copy of their 2 CD's for awhile and I LOVE them. Is there anything else from them, or anything related to them that I should look for?

I saw a live disk from the lead singer on allmusic.com, has anybody heard that? If so, is it worth persuing?

Yeah it's pretty good, there's a video on the disc as well. Worth checking out. And Jeff does play on the Olivia's Dusk at Cubist Castle. I am almost positive that Jeff actually came up with the name Olivia Tremor Control.

--Mike

I've been looking at downloading one of their live shows from DIME as I've heard nothing but good things about this group. Anyone familiar with any of these shows and/or recommend a specific one?

1998 February 07

Cow Haus

Tallahassee, FL

April 18, 1998

"Terrastock II Festival"

Custer Avenue Stages, San Francisco, CA

lounge ax

chicago IL

04-25-98

thanks!

In all honesty, you should probably just get "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea."

It's a great album, hands down. And I've never really been satisfied with their live recordings.

There are also bunches of demos/early cassette releases floating around out there to be had in the downloading world: Invent Yourself a Shortcake, Hype City Soundtrack, Beauty, a few untitled ones, a few songs from Shannon's Monroe House Demos, etc. He also has an album of field recordings that he made in Bulgaria (I think) called Orange Twin Field Works, Vol. 1. It's interesting, but maybe not worth eleven dollars. Allong those lines there is also Major Organ and the Adding Machine (available from Orange Twin's website), which is bizzarre as all hell. I won't even try to describe it, but Jeff's vocals and sound effects are featured on there pretty prominantly.

Allong those lines there is also Major Organ and the Adding Machine (available from Orange Twin's website), which is bizzarre as all hell. I won't even try to describe it, but Jeff's vocals and sound effects are featured on there pretty prominantly.

isn't there something with him recording Yaks, mountain lions and other wild animals?

I've been looking at downloading one of their live shows from DIME as I've heard nothing but good things about this group. Anyone familiar with any of these shows and/or recommend a specific one?

1998 February 07

Cow Haus

Tallahassee, FL

April 18, 1998

"Terrastock II Festival"

Custer Avenue Stages, San Francisco, CA

lounge ax

chicago IL

04-25-98

thanks!

I am a big fan of the Terrastock set, the Cow Haus show is fair quality but the performance is great. I'll probably end up grabbing the Lounge Ax one hear pretty soon, that's one I don't have.

--Mike