trail of dead

anyone here a fan? i've heard a few of the new songs, two of which i enjoyed. i'm not sure how it will sound overall. apparently they don't like guitars anymore.

i'm hopeful of the new album, but i not holding my breath or anything.

anyone pay attention to these guys?

:monkey

I have Worlds Apart on my pod that I just destroyed. I borrowed it (the cd) from someone, but I really, really liked it. I will probably end up buying it. I haven't heard any of the new stuff yet. they're playing in NYC soon and I may attend.

Source Tags and Codes has some great songs.

It Was There That I Saw You, Another Morning Stoner, How Near How Far, and Relative Ways are such amazing songs.

I deleted Worlds Apart from itunes save for 3 songs. I hear bad things about the new one but I haven't listened to it yet.

I'm a big fan and saw them play earlier last year which completely blew me away - such a fantastic show, two drum kits, switching instruments and such an elegant noise.

However... not so impressed with the new album. There's a rough leak of it out there and it's not as good as Madonna or Source Tags...

EDIT: They've got Smile Again on their Myspace site... once of my fav songs...

Source, Tags and Codes is surely one of the top ten rock albums of the oughts.

And "Baudelaire" fucking destroys. The band's been crappy ever since Neil left.

they really need to let Jason sing lead more, Conrad's nasally whine and lisp bugs me a lot of the time. Plus Jason is a much more captivating frontman live. but the sad part is, he's also their best drummer by far too.

actually doni does most of the drumming on the new album (or so i've read). but there's only one jason song on the album. factor that in with the lack of guitars, and i can' figure out what in the hell jason's doing.