What Is The One Tweedy Song...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DASH 7 :thumbup

I don't know if I'd say that's my favorite song that Jeff's done, but damn is it a good song. I'm feebly trying to learn to play it myself right now.

Given that my "favorite" tweedy-related album changes about once every two weeks, I don't think I could pick a single song and stick with it. Maybe album by album:

Tupelo stuff: Gun

A.M.: Dash 7, honorable mention to blue-eyed soul

Being There: Red-eyed blue, honorable mention to Sunken Treasure & Misunderstood

Summerteeh: Via Chicago, honorable mention to How to fight loneliness

YHF: Reservations, h.m. IATTBYH and Jesus

Ghost: Wishful Thinking, h.m. ALTWYS, less than you think

Mermaid: One by One

Loose Fur: Laminated Cats

Unfortunately, I've yet to see Jeff play solo. That will change in about two weeks, though :)

If i had to pick...

Pieholden Suite.

Coming from a Music Theory student, Pieholden Suite is one of the, from a strictly compositional standpoint, greatest songs Jeff has ever written. And it's not in the complexity of the song that it gets my title, but more in how basic it is, and how seemlessly the three movements flow together. (Just listen after "...find so much inside" the way the string sound and that semi-baritone sounding thing work together is just beautiful.)

Coming in at a close second is Kingpin just for how fun it is.

Third: Poor Places, lots of movement in that song, especially on KT, the piano is awesome.