New browser!

Guest tandylacker

Guest tandylacker

Mozilla's Firefox is awesome! As is the mail program Thunderbird. Firefox 2.0 is better than the 1.5 they suggest downloading at mozilla.com...

One great feature, it checks the spelling in web forms such as this message board. Has an extension for almost everything too.

The noia extreme theme is very attractive also. Just letting you know.

I agree. I've been using these two apps almost exclusively for a year now and am more than happy with their performance versus Microsoft's apps.

The only downside is there are a few web-based apps that still only want MSIE, which blows.

Oh well...Maybe one day they will see the light like us.

Mozilla's Firefox is awesome! As is the mail program Thunderbird. Firefox 2.0 is better than the 1.5 they suggest downloading at mozilla.com...

One great feature, it checks the spelling in web forms such as this message board. Has an extension for almost everything too.

The noia extreme theme is very attractive also. Just letting you know.

I like the noia too.

I've used Firefox since the pre-official-release days and have always preferred it to IE.

People should be aware that version 2 is still in the preview release stage, so it's not yet officially released. It's at Release Candidate 2 now, though, so it's probably pretty close to the final release version. I'm going to hold off on installing it for a while yet -- anyway, version 1.5.0.7 suits me fine for now.

FF has long been the browser of choice among most web developers I know (with the occasional Opera fanatic thrown in). If it wasn't for the fact that many of the clients we create software for exclusively use IE, probably none of us here would ever bother using IE at all.

FF has long been the browser of choice among most web developers I know (with the occasional Opera fanatic thrown in). If it wasn't for the fact that many of the clients we create software for exclusively use IE, probably none of us here would ever bother using IE at all.

My employer is very IE-centric, sadly.

Firefox works nicely on my 4-yo Dell laptop, but seems to take forever to start up. What's up with that? Not that IE is so much faster, but I thought FF was supposed to be some kind of lean mean machine.

Guest tandylacker

Tabbed browsing saved my life and is much improved with version 2. The stability of 2 by the way is excellent, no problems so far and 2 is just laid out better than 1.5, you'll see what I mean when you get it.

I can't get over the spell check on web forms. I may start spelling all sorts of words correctly.

EDIT: Accidentally wrote "word correctly" rather than "words correctly"...

No grammar check yet...

I've used Firefox since the pre-official-release days and have always preferred it to IE.

People should be aware that version 2 is still in the preview release stage, so it's not yet officially released. It's at Release Candidate 2 now, though, so it's probably pretty close to the final release version. I'm going to hold off on installing it for a while yet -- anyway, version 1.5.0.7 suits me fine for now.

been a pretty steady user since it was initially called Phoenix (then Firebird, then Firefox)

http://tech.cybernetnews.com/2006/07/26/cy...fox-phoenix-01/

god it's come a long ways in 3-4 years...

i've been using the 1.8 trunk (2.0) nightlies for the last 2 weeks and had zero problems, same w/ Thunderbird 2 nightlies.