Sunken Treasure DVD tabs

Thought it might be a good idea to join together and try to make a complete collection of tabs based on the way JT plays the songs on "Sunken Treasure: Live in the Pacific Northwest". I'm starting to work on them, anybody else want to help out?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think this is a great idea

im trying to figure out "the thanks i get" - anyone have any luck with this?

it sounds like he might be in Drop D (maybe?)

I think the tabs for just about all these songs, including "Thanks I Get" for sure, are on this site. If they don't come up on a search, try archive.viachicago.org and search there for the older ones.

I know there are tabs for almost all of these songs, but none of them are very acurate to the way Jeff plays them at his live shows. I'm not talking about writing down every little idiosyncrasy of his playing, but just getting something more accurate than the cord changes. Especially when it comes to things like his lead in and lead out of Acuff Rose, which for all the UT tab sites I've seen, only tells you to playing E and D (which isn't even accurate in itself).

i think this is a great idea

im trying to figure out "the thanks i get" - anyone have any luck with this?

it sounds like he might be in Drop D (maybe?)

you got it. It's drop d.

the little run goes like so (this is from memory, so pls feel free to correct, those with guitars actually in front of you)

B:-2-3-5-7-8-10-12-10

G:-0 (throughout)

D:-2-4-5-7-9-11-12-11

A:-0 (throughout)

if you need help with the basic chords let me know. the opening riff is him just keeping his index finger on the A, D, G and B strings at the 7th fret, and hammering on and off on the A string up to the 9th. If you need it actually tabbed out, I'll have to do it later, as tabbing is like watching paint dry for me and takes twice as long...

I have One by One, I'll get it up by Friday

Would be great if somebody would take a crack at "In a Future Age"

doing that right now. It's in an open tuning (I'm thinking D, but haven't sat down with it yet on the geetar). I'll try and have it up this weekend.

i really loved the version of shot int he arm he played. i can't figure out that riff. anyone got it?

drop d. just walk down the A string. If you need a full tab, let me know, and I'll try over the weekend.

figured that out, now i can't quite get the chord voicings for the G and Gm heh.

from D to Em (just bar down the 2nd fret, low 3 strings basically) then to:

E:

B:3

G:0

D:0

A:1

D:

does that help?

from D to Em (just bar down the 2nd fret, low 3 strings basically) then to:

E:

G:0

D:0

A:1

E:

does that help?

word that sounds right. it doesn't match jeff's hand position on the video though. i couldn't figure out what he was playing. this works though

word that sounds right. it doesn't match jeff's hand position on the video though. i couldn't figure out what he was playing. this works though

I'll have to check out the vid then. be back in a minute!

looks like he's just playing a G minor without hitting the low d, a la

E:

G:3

D:5

A:5

D:

i really loved the version of shot int he arm he played. i can't figure out that riff. anyone got it?

Just strum the D chord (in Dropped D) no capo. For the hammer ons, keep the D strumming and use your pinky and first finger to hammer:

A: --4--0--2--4--2

So it's like a D shape, an Em, Cm for the verse and for the chorus just alternate a D shape and a D/B(ish) shape. Sorry for the uncertain terms but it sounds good when I play it.

The solo version of I'm the Man Who Loves You that I play is pretty similar, if Capo 2 and a D7 - Gm(ish) progression for the verse and for the chorus Barre a B (9th fret relative to capo?) same with the 7th fret.

I may try to clean these up later is anyone wants me to, if not, I tried.

"Please"?

The version from Gumbo Pages doesn't sound right at all, and there is no history of this song ever being tabbed on VC.

except for the riff that comes just before the "was i in your dreams" line, those chords are accurate. (I'm pretty positive since I just performed this last night)

The riff is this:

e---3--5-6-7-

b------------

g---4--5-6-7-

you can also keep going up and play the C chord as

e---8

b----

g-7s9