laminated cat tuning

open D

edit: sorry, that's DADF#AD

Test this out, but I think its DADF#AE. He saves the E for when he plays the G chord which is everything on the 5th fret. I noticed on sunken treasure he had a really nice high chord when he played that and I think its the fact that the tuning puts a high 9 on top of the major chord.

Test this out, but I think its DADF#AE. He saves the E for when he plays the G chord which is everything on the 5th fret. I noticed on sunken treasure he had a really nice high chord when he played that and I think its the fact that the tuning puts a high 9 on top of the major chord.

correct. good catch...

So can a brother get a tab?

I am sure someones got it, but you probably dont need one. Put your guitar in the tuning and its pretty self explanatory. He does the little hook lick with an open low D and then he slides on the D from the 2nd fret to the 4th. (even explaining it makes it sound less intuitive). Its basically a three chord song until he rocks out with Glenn at the end with D being open, G being everything on the 5th fret, and A everything on the 7th. Play along its fun :music

• 8 months later...

I don't even tune down for this one. I capo on the second and leave the low E um, "un-capoed" and improvise from there. What you guys are yelling makes sense, though. Probably more accurate.