Jay Bennett is playing for free in Baltimore tonight

From the newspaper:

I am not going but if you are in the area you should go for sure. Death Ships are a great band. My brother is the bass player and they really have a great sound. I saw them play with Jay last weekend in Iowa City and both Jay and Death Ships were fantastic. They serve as Jay's backing band for these shows as well as playing their own set. check them out at www.deathships.com and www.myspace.com/deathships. let me know what you think after going to see jay and death ships!

I am not going but if you are in the area you should go for sure. Death Ships are a great band. My brother is the bass player and they really have a great sound. I saw them play with Jay last weekend in Iowa City and both Jay and Death Ships were fantastic. They serve as Jay's backing band for these shows as well as playing their own set. check them out at www.deathships.com and www.myspace.com/deathships. let me know what you think after going to see jay and death ships!

I like the Death Ships too. My review on GLONO says so.

You, you, butt patter!

Jay is now on Rykodisc?? I had no idea.

LouieB

home of the green-tinted cd cases, correct?

hey! i just hit 900 posts! :w00t

What I could hear of the music sounded good, but I did not have a very good time. The bar was overwhelmingly smoky, and the regulars would not pipe down so that the [all acoustic] music could be heard. This was not a good place to see a show. The people who were close enough to hear seemed to be enjoying it a lot, though.

I was surprised at how much Jay has let himself go since his Wilco days. I mean, he wasn't exactly an adonis before, either, but I've seen homeless people who look healthier than he did on Thursday night.