British band from the early to late 90's? I used to have all their stuff but only on tape. I recently got Revelations and still love them. They had an unfair label as Smiths copycats which did them a disservice.

Anyone else remember them/into them?

I am looking for more of their stuff as I speak.

They were ok I guess. I had Olympian from about '95 but that was the only album I had of theirs.

This is one of my guilty pleasures - I'm a huge fan :)

Olympian is their debut and it's brilliant - I was only listening to it the other day in face. Drawn To The Deep End is also really good, not as consistent as the debut, but with some stonking guitar bits in it. Revelations isn't bad, some cringe worthy songs on it, but there's a Peel Sessions album out at the moment which I might pick up. There was an early collection of b-sides and Peel sessions stuff which was good, To See The Lights, but not sure how easy that is to get now...

This is one of my guilty pleasures - I'm a huge fan :)

Olympian is their debut and it's brilliant - I was only listening to it the other day in face. Drawn To The Deep End is also really good, not as consistent as the debut, but with some stonking guitar bits in it. Revelations isn't bad, some cringe worthy songs on it, but there's a Peel Sessions album out at the moment which I might pick up. There was an early collection of b-sides and Peel sessions stuff which was good, To See The Lights, but not sure how easy that is to get now...

Yay! Another fan! :rock

I had all their stuff at one stage, sadly all on tape and all gone by the wayside but I did pick up Revelations again the other day and am loving it. It was seeing an ad in Uncut for the Peel Sessions which peaked my interest again. Gonna try and track down the rest of their stuff now. I always felt they got a bit of a raw deal in the music press .

I remember Gene, but I cannot for the life of me remember a song of theirs. I think I put them in the Menswear category and forgot about them. They were just a little bit too fey for my tastes, perhaps - although I did like These Animal Men for some reason.

God, Menswear were awful. I cannot recall any These Animal Men songs. I did quite like Mansun's debut album though.

God, Menswear were awful. I cannot recall any These Animal Men songs. I did quite like Mansun's debut album though.

Yeah, Menswear were pretty shoddy. Perhaps it was the lead singer from Gene's hair that put me off slightly. These Animal Men kind of had punky guitars and music, but the lead singer sounded like my little sister could beat him up and make him cry.

Menswe@r... nice... they were bloody awful.

Mansun, however, were bloody great!

If you struggle with some of the bits and pieces, let me know and I'll hook you up...

Nice one, thanks. My mate has them all on cd, because he is richer than me so I am gonna try and snaffle them from his house. I loved Mansun too, their debut was a great album.

I wouldn't recommend them for everyone, but I have a huge soft spot for Gene, and I always turn it up when they come up on Shuffle. If you can't find some of their earlier stuff, let me know--chances are I have it and can do a YSI. To See the Lights is probably my favorite, but Revelations was woefully ignored by just about everyone when, in fact, it had some rocking tunes amid the sensitive wordplay. Heh.