The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

Has anyone else seen this documentary yet? I was blown away.

HUGO CHAVEZ ELECTED PRESIDENT OF VENEZUELA IN 1998, IS A COLORFUL, UNPREDICTABLE FOLK HERO, beloved by his nation's working class and a tough-as-nails, quixotic opponent to the power structure that would see him deposed. Two independent filmmakers were inside the presidential palace on April 11, 2002, when he was forcibly removed from office. They were also present 48 hours later when, remarkably, he returned to power amid cheering aides. Their film records what was probably history's shortest-lived coup d'

I saw it a couple years ago. It was pretty enjoyable.

err... I mean, you should only watch it if you support dictatorships, because there's no entertainment value in something that tells a story from a different bias than yours. And all those poor latins have been brainwashed by the Communists. Conversely, I've only been indoctrinated with the purest truths!

seriously though, it was pretty entertaining if you're into political documentaries, regardless of whether you love/hate/are indifferent to Chavez.

To me, Che Guevara is the spiritual heir of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams. And if you think our Revolution was conducted in a more polite manner than Che's, I suggest you do a little more reading.

To me, Che Guevara is the spiritual heir of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin and John Adams. And if you think our Revolution was conducted in a more polite manner than Che's, I suggest you do a little more reading.

I think the outcomes of our revolution might have been a touch different.

I saw it a couple years ago. It was pretty enjoyable.

err... I mean, you should only watch it if you support dictatorships, because there's no entertainment value in something that tells a story from a different bias than yours. And all those poor latins have been brainwashed by the Communists. Conversely, I've only been indoctrinated with the purest truths!

seriously though, it was pretty entertaining if you're into political documentaries, regardless of whether you love/hate/are indifferent to Chavez.

Exactly my point in posting it...thank you :)

I think the outcomes of our revolution might have been a touch different.

ours was much less democratic, ensured the existence of slavery, stratified classes and caused a botched revolution within the first few years (shays' rebellion).

but things got a little better once jefferson got into office.

ours was much less democratic, ensured the existence of slavery, stratified classes and caused a botched revolution within the first few years (shays' rebellion).

but things got a little better once jefferson got into office.

Keep on fighting the good fight, comrade. One day we'll end this tyrrany and establish a new republic

chavez is not "for life". he stands for re-election in situations that are not dissimilar to some american elections (although not in this lifetime). considering his country was a colony for all real purposes until very recently when heavy crude became viable, i'm willing to cut some slack.

go ahead and write off our history. the american revolution was far from perfect. our (excellent, imo) constitution in many ways betrayed the rhetoric and feeling of the revolution. the first 18 years of the US were pretty spotty. i think it says a lot more about what we became to really look at how crappy things were in those growing years. i don't think people who believe this place was the city on the hill from the get-go really understand what makes this country as great as it is (or was, or could be).

chavez is not "for life". he stands for re-election in situations that are not dissimilar to some american elections (although not in this lifetime). considering his country was a colony for all real purposes until very recently when heavy crude became viable, i'm willing to cut some slack.

go ahead and write off our history. the american revolution was far from perfect. our (excellent, imo) constitution in many ways betrayed the rhetoric and feeling of the revolution. the first 18 years of the US were pretty spotty. i think it says a lot more about what we became to really look at how crappy things were in those growing years. i don't think people who believe this place was the city on the hill from the get-go really understand what makes this country as great as it is (or was, or could be).

Dude, I'm seriously retarded - I got the idea in my head that the thread was about Che Guerva. Sorry.

Chavez is an asshole. But then again, so is Bush