jeff friday in san fran ... is this for real?

check this out:

http://sanfrancisco.tribe.net/event/The-On...cd-c646147ad00b

i've been off the wilco wagon lately admittedly while getting settled into the bay area but i just heard about this. but it seems a little fishy that it's not mentioned anywhere but tribe...or maybe not??

and if it's for real is anyone going? i'm new out here and would love to connect w/ some wilco fans around here...

There's a listing on craigslist that says

Friday, November 3, 6pm

Jeff Tweedy Sunken Treasure Live DVD Release Party

The Onion and Thee Parkside will be hosting a Jeff Tweedy DVD release party for the Oct. 24 release of Sunken Treasure Live. Enjoy a screening of the new film featuring performances and conversations gathered over five nights on Tweedy

There's a listing on craigslist that says

So, maybe just a DVD release party, no actual personal appearance? Could be fun anyway. I'll be out of town Friday night, so go and report back!

I called, they said that the word is he will be there, but can't give any more info than that.

hmm...

kinda doubt he's gonna be there, i know they're doing these things in other cities too...

Then again, Thee Parkside does have sort of a reputation for attracting well-known musicians (mostly to hang out and drink at the bar, not as much to play shows), so I suppose it could actually happen. But I agree, it does seem a bit fishy. Think I will try and check this one out.