for lovers of the absolutely bizarre, crispin glover will be hosting his new film What Is It? at the Musicbox in chicago this weekend (17th- 20th). i don't have the particular desire to see a man with cerebral palsy being jerked off, so i will not be in attendance.

so, is he going to be at every showing?? I have such a thing for him.......I have one of his books that a friend got signed for me at a spoken word thing, but I have never seen him in person myself.....oh! oh! oh!!

--

I am going on Sunday with Rocky (MrRain422)....saw the info on the website! Thanks for posting this Alison!!! :w00t

It was definitely an experience - I enjoyed the slideshow/book readings though it got a bit long....the film was like a loud nightmare or bad acid trip - though I found it strangely intriguing. Afterwards he took questions and woah boy, the man can talk......he talked for over an hour and a half, answering questions......all in all, a decent night out. Oh yeah, and we bumped into Crispin on the street and I talked to him for a minute......too cool! Thanks for going with me Rocky - t'was good to see you again....as always. :cheers

I had fun too! Thanks again for inviting me along, Kate.

It was definately unlike any other film I've ever seen before. Conceptually, visually, everything. I have no idea if I liked it or not. The slide show stuff at the beginning was interesting too, atlhough went a little long. He seemed very gracious in the way he answered questions afterwards, but yeah, as Kate said, he just went on and on and on. Each segment of the evening was intriguing on it's own, but the 1 hour slide show, plus a 70 minute movie, and then over an hour+ of him taking questions added up to a very long evening. I wonder how long everyone who stuck around waited in line for autographs afterward.

Very interesting guy.

Yeah, I don't remember there being one in the slide show, but I was deferring to your memory on that one. But there's definately one in the movie (when he's asking his...I don't know, was that his harem? "What should you call me?" and one of the guys said "McFly?")