Nels Cline at Black and Read (instore)

So I just saw Nels play a solo set at the coolest record store in the suburbs of Denver (Arvada if ya ever heard of it). It was great. His amp had technical difficulties, so eventually he had to plug in to the record stores ancient PA speaker. Somehow this made the whole thing awesomer. He started out playing really textural anti-guitar stuff, and then slowly moved into some more virtuoso jazzy/pretty stuff, and eventually winded his way into some noise.

Super nice guy, I couldn't resist chatting with him, what with the fifteen people that were there for the in-store. He said the new Wilco album is pretty much done being recorded, a couple extra guitar tracks and vocals being done by Jeff this weekend. He said May 1st is the likely release date, but of course thats not official or anything.

He's playing tomorrow night at the historic Oriental Theatre, but I unfortunately will be out of town.

:D