What happened on Jan 8 2005, 05:26 PM?

According to the front page of VC, the most users ever online was 234 on Jan 8 2005, 05:26 PM.

What possibly could have precipitated such a massive overload of VC usage? The NYE show at MSG? A really awesome and mind-blowing NP thread? The first thread complaining about stale setlists?

D'oh!

I like Caliber's and Cryptique's answers better. I am bummed that there is actually a real answer. I thought this thread had some real potential. Perhaps my first > 100 posts thread. Alas, it will have to be some other one.

I asked this a few months ago,the answer lies in past threads.Do your research!

yeah, except i don't think that the reason was correct. I was pretty sure that on that day a whole bunch of tickets went on sale for a bunch of different venues and we were all online trying to get them. PResales or something.

yeah, except i don't think that the reason was correct. I was pretty sure that on that day a whole bunch of tickets went on sale for a bunch of different venues and we were all online trying to get them. PResales or something.

That sounds familiar to me.

Done. We'll see how long before someone deletes that hahaa

Corrected. We are not a blog.

Already gone. The Wikipedia gatekeepers clearly have nothing better to do on Thanksgiving. :rolleyes

There when I saw it; only seconds ago. Do you have a Chinese Internet or something? ;)

still there as of today.

Which is why I tell my lazy-ass reporters not to cite Wikipedia as a source.