Bruce Hornsby - "The Way It Is"

Your House Band Set 2

"Come together"

"US Blues"

"Iko Iko"

Wyclef Jean w/ Your House Band

Carol King - "Natural Woman"

Carol King w/ Your House Band - "You've Got a Friend"

Word is there was no professional video recording allowed, with the exception of Tony Bennet's song.

Fox News has a brief clip of Tony Bennet in their profile segment on Nancy Pelosi (to watch, click this link, then click on "Who Is Nancy Pelosi" on the right). They report that cameras were banned for the Grateful Dead (Your House Band) performance, which Fox News reporter Brian Wilson says "is sort of a shame."

Oddly, the Washington Post is hosting a brief video phone clip (of the worst quality) of Wyclef Jean on the big screen taken by reporter J. Freedom du Lac.

I think our only hope is the alleged clip of Truckin' taken by a Deadhead in attendance...

I always find it interesting to hear different people

I love that they sneaked the 'head into the show. I'm guessing he didn't head for the back of the floor and commence spinning, though.

Would've been "interesting" with all the stuffed shirts in there to attend this one.

And Tony Bennett kicks ass.

has anyone seen my one-hitter? My head's thumpin' something mean...

bizzle.gif

There ya go...be nice & don't bogart. :thumbup

Thanks A-man. :thumbup A friend told me about this last night.

Of COURSE, Warren Haynes was there. :lol

Of COURSE, Warren Haynes was there. :lol

Now that James Brown has died, I nominate Warren Haynes as due inheritor of the title: "The Hardest Working Man In Show Business." The guy plays allllll the time (not complaining, either).

The man opens up for himself, ferchrissakes.

At a Phil & Friends show at Red Rocks a few years back, Warren played in the parking lot to a hundred or so of us that were hanging around, on a makeshist stage for about 45 minutes, then went into the venue and played a set solo, and then played the concert proper.

Now that James Brown has died, I nominate Warren Haynes as due inheritor of the title: "The Hardest Working Man In Show Business." The guy plays allllll the time (not complaining, either).

The man opens up for himself, ferchrissakes.

At a Phil & Friends show at Red Rocks a few years back, Warren played in the parking lot to a hundred or so of us that were hanging around, on a makeshist stage for about 45 minutes, then went into the venue and played a set solo, and then played the concert proper.

Yeah. I saw Warren a few years back at Deer Creek: Gov't Mule opened with a 70 min. set, then 2 1/2 hours of the Allmans, THEN 2 1/2 hours of P+F...it was hovering around 90 degrees & we were all about to die...then ya got Warren up there for 6+ hrs. IN A LONG-SLEEVED BLACK SHIRT, and he didn't appear to even break a sweat! :omg

If you spend time in this thread dissing the Democrats or the Dead - you are wasting time you could be spending putting down Trey and/or Phish.

I wonder if we could get Kyle to launch a sub-forum just for Phish-haters. Kinda like the Ummm thing. I'm sure it would be wildly popular. :D

so you're saying she's a typical politician then?

yeah...she fits right in with the rest of 'em.

i'm shocked that the remaining dead would've agreed to do this and then there's the issue of trey being a part of it. the dead just have no shame i guess. i sure miss jerry.

yeah...she fits right in with the rest of 'em.

i'm shocked that the remaining dead would've agreed to do this and then there's the issue of trey being a part of it. the dead just have no shame i guess. i sure miss jerry.

Both Weir and Hart have dabbled in political issues quite a bit over the years. Hart is actually on the Board of Trustees of the American Folklife Center at the Library of Congress and has presented in front of several Senate committees on issues such as aging and music.

Weir has been very outspoken in his Democratic leanings (as has Hart) in his efforts involving environmental reforms.

Both he and Weir wear their political views on their collective sleeve, whereas Garcia didn't and gave the impression he didn't think it was his place to. To each his own.

Besides, this was just a private party. They've done them before.