Walt Whitman's Niece

I'm going to go out on another limb and say "because he really likes what Wilco did with it and he enjoys playing it."

Also: I've heard it, and while it's not as good as when Jeff sings it, it's not bad.

I was at the show where Wilco played this. The last show at Lounge Ax. Absolutely hilarious. Their roady at the time played the part of Billy Bragg complete with the accent. Still one of the top 10 Wilco shows.

I would like to hear this.

could someone uploads brag's version? i'm intrigued.

Ditto.

I was at the show where Wilco played this. The last show at Lounge Ax. Absolutely hilarious. Their roady at the time played the part of Billy Bragg complete with the accent. Still one of the top 10 Wilco shows.

I would love to hear this. Does anyone have a copy:? I believe it's the last song of the last show that was ever played at Lounge Ax.

Wow! I haven't heard Bragg doing "California Stars," but I can't imagine it sounding anywhere near as awful as Wilco doing "Walt Whitman's Niece." And was that Jay Bennet who yelled out "he said seaman (semen)?" Truly horrible.