ive been researching online (and guitar stores) for decent pedals. Looking at affordablity plus decent sounding and playability, what do you think about Boss DD3, Rocktron Short Timer, Danelectro DE-1 Dan Echo, Danelectro AS-1 Wasabi RockABye, DJ-3 BLT Echo.....

im leaning toward the Boss DD3, seems decent, a lot of options on sound, durable. THe Danelectros are nice too but somewhat limited yet very affordable.

help guitar pedallers!

I have a DD3, and really like it.

Sometimes still curious about the DD6, though.

I have a DD6 cause my love'd DD5 broke and they dont make them. The DD6 is okay but if you set it hot (louded delay in the mix, longer time to decay) it takes like a half a minute to shut up after you turn it off. This can be cool for fadeouts transitioning parts but mostly its infuriating. Nels Cline made a similar argument for the DD3 on his gear geek section on his site because it actually calms down pretty fast when you turn it off.

Please look at the Ibanez DE-7, for $65 it can't be beat. It gets a few bad reviews but all seem to be durability issues. Personally I'm not a "stomper" so I haven't had a problem. The pedal does both delay and echo. The slapback is great for not only that old surf and rockabilly sound but works great for that haunting 70's David Lindley slide tone. The delay can do a bunch of stuff with switchable delay times.

See and hear it here.

I use these and love them both:

wem_10.jpg

DD3-1031930a0e8ec5de015c36abd64c39d9.jpg

I think the Boss DD3 is the best delay pedal out there IMO.

oh man that loop junky looks like fun!

If you think that's neat check out the "Seek-Trem" and the "Ohh Wah"; ( YouTube search: Zvex)

I just bought an amp with a built in tremelo curcuit but I'm sooo tempted to get that Seek with the sequenced 8 stage effect: Just too wacky!