Glenn and Nels in Chicago in February

Those Immediate Sound shows at the hideout are highly reccomended and don't really ever sell out, free jazz is just not that popular. Tho I think they are a joy. The only one i've been to that sold out was the one where thurston moore showed up, tho maybe some others did that i missed but..

I have "Cry", if that's the one you're looking for
I will buy it..thanks...
Those Immediate Sound shows at the hideout are highly reccomended and don't really ever sell out, free jazz is just not that popular. Tho I think they are a joy. The only one i've been to that sold out was the one where thurston moore showed up, tho maybe some others did that i missed but..
Are you guys saying that this one is sold out? The Thurston Moore was NOT an Immediate Sound show, which are always on Wednesdays and currated by Ken Vandermark. I was at the one Frequency did a few weeks back and it was not sold out and the second set was only half full.

Edit-there appear to be tickets on the web. If this sells out it will be a real shock. Then again, I suppose the extra $2 may be worth it if you want to see Glenn (which I do), but remember he isn't doing the Monkey Dance, etc, he is playing whatever the group he is playing with is playing.

LouieB

but remember he isn't doing the Monkey Dance, etc, he is playing whatever the group he is playing with is playing.

Unless he worked up some choreography without me knowing, I think it's Monkey CHANT.

The idea of Glenn doing a monkey dance is pretty compelling, though... :)

Unless he worked up some choreography without me knowing, I think it's Monkey CHANT.

The idea of Glenn doing a monkey dance is pretty compelling, though... :)

Yea, leave it to me to get the name wrong.....I kept flashing on the movie that Glenn ran behind it when he played with Nels here. There were lots of dancing monkeys in that. Lots of dancing other characters too.

LouieB

Yea, leave it to me to get the name wrong.....I kept flashing on the movie that Glenn ran behind it when he played with Nels here. There were lots of dancing monkeys in that. Lots of dancing other characters too.

LouieB

that was one hell of a battle.

I will buy it..thanks...

Are you guys saying that this one is sold out? The Thurston Moore was NOT an Immediate Sound show, which are always on Wednesdays and currated by Ken Vandermark. I was at the one Frequency did a few weeks back and it was not sold out and the second set was only half full.

Oh that's right, the Moore one was in conjunction with the Sun Ra festival/exhibit. Avreeyal Ra was back at the hidout for one of the immediate sound nights playing drums later though.

Oh that's right, the Moore one was in conjunction with the Sun Ra festival/exhibit. Avreeyal Ra was back at the hidout for one of the immediate sound nights playing drums later though.
Right.....Avreeyal played with Frequency (Niki Mitchell, Ed Wilkerson, Harrison Bankhead) a few weeks later and their show was fantastic. I made it through about 2/3 of the second set and then sadly had to bail. But they were well worth the loss of sleep and the lost day of work the next day. It is just so great that the north and southside scenes are finally starting to interact more (the Ken Vandermark 5 is playing the new Velvet Lounge tonight for example.)

LouieB

Okay that was fun too....talked to some interesting people and heard some great music. Jeff Parker ran through some solo stuff, from totally improv, to some noise and effects laiden stuff, to some sort of straight ahead jazz. Glenn and company did total improv with Glenn on percussion, a Kent Kessler look alike on bass and a guy on an acoustic lap steel in a box that he played around with. Fun and not too late.

Glenn is doing a percussion thing at Elmhurst College in a few weeks also.

LouieB