Not only is he a Wilco fan, but clearly inspiring. Every time I hear him speak I am humbled, yet empowered with the mind set of optimism and hope... and it makes me feel I might again believe in a country I was once so proud of.

Not only is he a Wilco fan, but clearly inspiring. Every time I hear him speak I am humbled, yet empowered with the mind set of optimism and hope... and it makes me feel I might again believe in a country I was once so proud of.

Maybe you've already read this, but "The Audacity of Hope" is good stuff.. :thumbup

...but i'd also still like to see howard dean as president at some point.

are you f*cking kidding me?...good lord.

obama, on the other hand is very electable imo. of course, you have to convince the african-american voters that obama is black. wtf is up with that? i just finished reading an article questioning whether african-americans accept obama as a black candidate. they sure as hell voted for bill clinton, but they aren't sure about obama? this country is weird sometimes.

obama, on the other hand is very electable imo. of course, you have to convince the african-american voters that obama is black. wtf is up with that? i just finished reading an article questioning whether african-americans accept obama as a black candidate. they sure as hell voted for bill clinton, but they aren't sure about obama? this country is weird sometimes.
Most African-Americans will in fact vote for him, but let's look at it from their perspective for a moment. I had this conversation with a co-worker/friend who is black and his point about this was that Obama is not African American in the same way most blacks in the USA are. His father was African and his mother was white and most blacks in the US are decended from the slave trade hundreds of years ago. Therefore they are not the same as Barak.

When push comes to shove and his name is on the ballot, you can still bet they will vote for him. Needless to say some of us already have voted for him (he is our Senator after all), so folks from Illinois won't have a problem with him either way.

LouieB

Obama is not African American in the same way most blacks in the USA are. His father was African and his mother was white and most blacks in the US are decended from the slave trade hundreds of years ago. Therefore they are not the same as Barak.

LouieB

and yet african-americans favor hillary 3 to 1 in the most recent poll? last i checked, she and bill where pastier than me. makes no sense at all. then again, politics in general usually doesn't anyway.

and yet african-americans favor hillary 3 to 1 in the most recent poll? last i checked, she and bill where pastier than me. makes no sense at all. then again, politics in general usually doesn't anyway.

Let's hope that people vote for the best person and not just for people of their own race.