JT's Guitars on Current Solo Tour

Saw JT in Tulsa last week and noticed quite a few "new" vintage guitars on this tour; looked like a vintage 12 fret Martin 0-18 or 0018, and a 30's Gibson L-00. Anyone have any good photographs? Anyone seen him play the L-00? He didn't use it in Tulsa.

I'm almost certain that the Gibson L-00 he played on Tuesday night in Austin is a new Gibson "1937 L-00," which is part of Gibson's Legends Series that was introduced at the NAAM show last week. Gibson made and sold a handful of those guitars in 2006 as part of a pilot run and I bet Jeff picked one up then. He only played it for one song on Tuesday night (can't remember which song) and didn't pick it up during the Wednesday night show.

I was surprised to see that he had 2 of the Santa Cruz 12 fretters on stage. Also was surprised to see that he didn't bring along the Gibson B-25 that he's been playing for the past couple of years.

The gallery at Wilcoweb right now has a bunch of shots of Jeff with the acoustics that appear to be from the solo tour....

It is a Flash presentation... Too bad, there is a shot of the whole band under spotlights that I wanted to use as my desktop...

i feel like for the songs One By One, Hesitating Beauty, and What Light he was using a 12-string. it sounded like it to me, but i was too far away to verify whether or not this was the case. anyone know if i'm right and, if so, what type of guitar?

The 12 string is a Martin D-12-18. It's the only 12 string I've ever seen him perform with.

I've never heard of One By One being played on a twelve string but I know Hesistating Beauty and What Light have been played on one. Jeff also uses this guitar on Heavy Metal Drummer. But here's a picture of it.

HPIM0117.jpg

At the Austin shows, he used the 12 string Martin for One by One and Hesitating Beauty on Tuesday night and Bob Dylan's Beard and Heavy Metal Drummer on Wednesday night.

In Memphis and Nashville he used is santa cruz a lot. For one of the songs in nashville, a differnent santa cruz was brought out, it looked blingy and was in the 000 style.

Anyone know what the amp was sitting behind him? Looked pretty cool.

....It is a Flash presentation... Too bad, there is a shot of the whole band under spotlights that I wanted to use as my desktop...

when looking at the picture, hit the PrintScreen key on your keyboard(this is the only use i can think of for this key), this copies a bitmap of your screen to your clipboard. Paste it into your favorite image editing program and crop accodringly.

In Memphis and Nashville he used is santa cruz a lot. For one of the songs in nashville, a differnent santa cruz was brought out, it looked blingy and was in the 000 style.

Anyone know what the amp was sitting behind him? Looked pretty cool.

Yeah that guitar is in Sunken Treasure too. I believe it's just another Santa Cruz 000 but more beat up.

• 2 weeks later...

In Jeff's interview in Guitar World Acoustic from 04' he says:

"GWA: In addition to your electric work, you do play lots of acoustic on A Ghost Is Born. What did you use on the record?

TWEEDY: I used a copy of Leadbelly's Stella 12-string..."

Maybe this is the 12-string in question.

Here's the whole interview for anyone who's interested:

http://www.geocities.com/nutnhunee/0904gwa.html

Nah, I don't think so. The only time I've ever seen him anywhere with a 12 string, it's been the martin (pictured above), and I've never even seen a picture of the obscure Stella (aka Kay, aka Silvertone).

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
The gallery at Wilcoweb right now has a bunch of shots of Jeff with the acoustics that appear to be from the solo tour....

It is a Flash presentation... Too bad, there is a shot of the whole band under spotlights that I wanted to use as my desktop...

do you know all the guitars he got on stage on his solo dvd ?