Here's a bit of odd news

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like more of a misunderstanding than a hoax to me. It's pretty ridiculous that that guy resigned, but this whole bomb scare business was much more effective advertising than those devices would have been without such a misunderstanding. Everyone knows about ATHF now.

I think they should be fined for littering. So what if it's clever? Don't let huge corporations use your public space for free. :brow
It's illegal advertising, if nothing else. Corporations thinking they can use any public space to push their product is really the heart of this matter.

To me, that seems like the real issue here.

But this also makes me wonder about the future of guerrilla artists and activist groups like the Guerrilla Girls. If everyone and everything that looks a bit out of the ordinary can potentially be viewed as a threat, how bland must our culture become?

If everyone and everything that looks a bit out of the ordinary can potentially be viewed as a threat, how bland must our culture become?

I would imagine as bland as the Third Reich's.

I would imagine as bland as the Third Reich's.

That ain't bland. You seen the sharp outfits those Nazi boys wore? And that wacky goose-marching and weird wave were anything but bland.

All joking aside, I'm glad that everyone is safe and well. And obviously that appalling waste of money used for that fake war on terror, which should have been used for the real thing, really sickens me the most. Those bastard advertisers should pay back in full, damn it!

One thing; do you think that now the police will try and set up some kind of ongoing conversation with these advertising companies (and give them a bit of leeway for the good of stopping such a panic in the future) so that if something like this were planned again, they could notify the police and stop things getting to this? No, it's probably best just to fine them and sit around waiting for the next time it happens, and then become thoroughly shocked about how these no-good advertisers waste police time and money.