Create the new record's tracklisting

I really like the way Jeff does Is That the Thanks I Get when he plays it solo. I think it has a really bluesy swagger to it that it lost when Wilco played it on Conan. Then it sounded too clean and poppy to my ears.

I felt the same way... of all the live versions I have of that song, the Conan version is easily the least interesting.

It'd be a good opener, but I think it'll probably be Impossible Germany since that's the sort of song that Wilco tends to open records with.

I think both Walken and Impossible Germany are too straightforward to be openers. If the last two albums represent a pattern, then we can say that Wilco now tends to open with one of the most challenging tracks on the album. I think with YHF, opening with IATTBYH was a way for the band to give the middle finger to Warner, and to signal that their sound had changed. Opening AGIB with ALTWYS was issuing a similar challenge to listeners.

But most of the new stuff that I've heard falls under the straighforward category. Is there any new track that challenges like IATTBYH?

1. What Light

2. Shake It Off

3. Walken

4. Side With The Seeds

5. Impossible Germany

6. Let's Fight

7. Sky Blue Sky

8. On and On and On

9. Patient With Me

10. Either Way

11. Glad It's Over (?)

12. Let's Not Get Carried Away (rocked out and raw... like dreamer in my dreams)

** A double album would be huge... i wish 'the thanks i get' would make the cut