Create the new record's tracklisting

So, as May slowly comes creeping up, I've been listening to the new material from various live shows like mad. Below is what I hope Sky Blue Sky will contain, in some order. What's your perfect tracklisting?

1. Either Way

2. Impossible Germany

3. Side with the Seeds

4. Lets Fight

5. Be Patient With Me

6. Lullaby for Rafters and Dreams

7. Walken

8. Let's Not Get Carried Away

9. Shake it Off

10. Is That The Thanks I Get (I know Jeff said this one won't make the cut, but I don't know, I still love it).

11. What Light (This one is a place holder of sorts. This has to be my least favorite of the new songs, but I don't what else would take track 11. We'll have to wait and see).

The best ones here, the standouts, are Either Way, Impossible Germany, Lets Fight, and Side with the Seeds. The new record is going to be so damn good.

off topic right off the bat, but I think I'm more interested in how the new record's going to sound than any particular tracklist or inclusion/exclusion (knowing wilco, recordings will surface for all 18 eventually...). there was such a sonic/production/recording shift from YHF to AGIB. It'll be interesting to see if John's comment about it sounding like Being There applies to the sound, not just the material...

interesting list you have there, though, I'd love to hear it!

My gut tells me that "Walken" will be the first song, if only because I think it has a strong intro and would set the mood for a very different kind of Wilco record than we've heard in a while.*

* This is assuming that the studio version bears a resemblance to what we've heard so far.

My gut tells me that "Walken" will be the first song, if only because I think it has a strong intro and would set the mood for a very different kind of Wilco record than we've heard in a while.*

* This is assuming that the studio version bears a resemblance to what we've heard so far.

i must agree about walken. but i wonder if there are any songs we havent heard in any form? i hope so.

Yeah I posted that a while ago about Walken being a very good album opener. Couldn't you just see that badass piano riff to start off the album?

What Light to end the album is a no brainer I think.

Yeah I posted that a while ago about Walken being a very good album opener. Couldn't you just see that badass piano riff to start off the album?

What Light to end the album is a no brainer I think.

i prefer What light to open the album

I'm very excited about this album. I haven't really been listening to the new stuff this time around just to keep it fresh without any expectations. I will listen if/when it leaks.

i wish i hadn't listened to any of the "new" stuff. i could then put off the disappointment until mid-march.

hopefully some studio-wiz will save this collection of tunes or else maybe jeff is holding back the good stuff. i hope i'm surprised. i really do.

i wish i hadn't listened to any of the "new" stuff. i could then put off the disappointment until mid-march.

hopefully some studio-wiz will save this collection of tunes or else maybe jeff is holding back the good stuff. i hope i'm surprised. i really do.

I'm tending to agree. But I have held off save for Walken, What Light, Impossible Germany, and The Thanks I Get. I really hope its good.

off topic right off the bat, but I think I'm more interested in how the new record's going to sound than any particular tracklist or inclusion/exclusion (knowing wilco, recordings will surface for all 18 eventually...). there was such a sonic/production/recording shift from YHF to AGIB. It'll be interesting to see if John's comment about it sounding like Being There applies to the sound, not just the material...

interesting list you have there, though, I'd love to hear it!

By this you mean there might even be reverb on the album? One who takes interest in these production matters has to marvel at how gorgeously dry and small AGIB often sounds, its as if they are playing in your bedroom through tiny amps with a t-shirt over the snare drum.

One who takes interest in these production matters has to marvel at how gorgeously dry and small AGIB often sounds, its as if they are playing in your bedroom through tiny amps with a t-shirt over the snare drum.

every time I listen to it it reminds me of when I'd go and watch friends' bands practice in high school and college and when my own bands would practice in the carpeted band shacks and what not. very close feel

Yeah, it's going to be either great or seriously disappointing. There's probably no in between for me. To me the most crucial part to this album is Nels Cline's performance. If it comes of tasteful and not wankery like he can be in concert then it will probably be a great album.

1. Thunder Road

2. Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out

3. Night

4. Backstreets

5. Born to Run

6. She's The One

7. Meeting Across The River

8. Jungleland

There's not a song in the running for SBS that would knock any off of the above list.

billy.joel.1.jpg

:rock

It'd be a good opener, but I think it'll probably be Impossible Germany since that's the sort of song that Wilco tends to open records with. What Light sounds like a #5 song to me. I'm not sure what rule of record making it is to put your most "fan friendly" song #5 but it apparently exists and Wilco follows it pretty diligently. Be Patient is different enough from the rest of the material that it'll probably be the closer if it's on the record. No idea on the rest since we don't even really know what songs will be there.

Hello Everyone,

Ever since I saw it open the first Chicago November show, I believe Shake It Off would kick ass as the opener.

Well, I'll have to check my iTunes playlist for the new Wilco songs. The order I put them in sounds good.

Not too worried about the song order. I'm just curious if we get all 18 songs. Or maybe 2 albums. One spring. One fall. This is just my thinking. It is not a rumour.

:D

Kristofor

billy.joel.1.jpg

What Light sounds like a #5 song to me. I'm not sure what rule of record making it is to put your most "fan friendly" song #5

Anyone else think What Light is the most "fan friendly" new song? Could be...it's one of the best new tracks, IMO. I do like Walken and The Thanks I Get a little more. No songs so far are nearly as cool as I'm Always in Love, Jesus, Etc. or Hummingbird (other fifth tracks). Then again, we've only heard them live. I'm getting very curious to hear the studio versions.

"Just sing what you feel don't let anyone say it's wrong." :dancing