Wilco on ACL tonight

I recall seeing their set at the ACL Fest the day before the taping in Sept. 04. Tried to maneuver through the dense crowd while they set up, got incredibly claustrophobic and bolted to the wings, followed by the Texas version of Girls of Degrassi Jr. High.

It's so cold, I'm typing to keep my hands warm.

That weekend we saw them three times: Stubb's on Saturday night, ACL Festival on Sunday night, ACL taping on Monday night. It was an awesome weekend.

To answer abuharabi's question, only one band plays at the taping. For the 2004 taping, the band played 16 songs...setlist is below from WilcoBase.com. Of course, only 5 or 6 songs made it on the show. I have hope that the entire set will be released in the future on DVD or CD as part of the Live from Austin, Texas series, but whether that happens is anyone's guess.

1. Muzzle Of Bees

2. Company In My Back

3. Hummingbird

4. Hell Is Chrome

5. Handshake Drugs

6. At Least That's What You Said

7. I Am Trying To Break Your Heart

8. A Shot In The Arm

9. Jesus, Etc.

10. Ashes Of American Flags

11. The Late Greats

12. I'm The Man Who Loves You

13. I'm A Wheel

14. Theologians

15. Poor Places

16. Spiders (Kidsmoke)

his really should be released as part of the LFAT series. Unless they are holding out to do something on their own terms (like Okonokos or something) this would be such a great DVD.
I agree. I'm surprised at what songs were chosen, given the available list. Thanks for additional info above.

this was the first time i caught this. twas excellent.

1) is this whole show available anywhere in audio format?

2) i realize this may be polarizing, but did anyone else think oberst (of bright eyes) a weird little dude?

this was the first time i caught this. twas excellent.

1) is this whole show available anywhere in audio format?

2) i realize this may be polarizing, but did anyone else think oberst (of bright eyes) a weird little dude?

He is a weird little dude. Back in like 2002 I worshiped the guy, now it can be a little hard to handle. The guy can write but his delivery is getting a little old.

Watching the video for ashes of american flags on youtube was one of my favorite wilco pastimes (since I can't find the dvd on any torrent site anymore) and now it has been yanked from youtube.

i like bright eyes but understand your point, which was debated here for quite a while.

that m ward song was awesome.

That weekend we saw them three times: Stubb's on Saturday night, ACL Festival on Sunday night, ACL taping on Monday night. It was an awesome weekend.

I was at all of those too that was an awesome week we saw them in st. louis on the wednesday before the festival and drove down to austin the next morning it was pretty sweet